When Frank comes back to Chicago..

whitesoxin'

Will you Boo him or Give him a standing ovation?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Will you Boo him or Give him a standing ovation?

• Boo
    • Standing Ovation
    • Neither

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the bottom line is that Frank was the same Frank we've all seen for 15+ years. Not ideal, but if anything, less childish than a few years ago.

Our GM used the interview as an excuse to kvetch to a reporter about some personal gripe.

Our GM hid behind his owner when it came to justifying his comments.

And he looks much worse than the man he was criticizing.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
I actually just responded to what he said. According to his post, Frank Thomas's attitude is "everything that is wrong with sports".

Me first athletes is what he means.

And that is what Frank Thomas is.

And yes, they are a lot of what is wrong with sports.

Thank you very much.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
Any argument who comes from a so called fan who quit on the team doesn't count.

Just want to put that out there.

You're right, I should have been all happy and jolly that afternoon after blowing a 3 run lead to the KC Royals (the worst team in the MLB) in the final 2 innings.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
You're right, I should have been all happy and jolly that afternoon after blowing a 3 run lead to the KC Royals (the worst team in the MLB) in the final 2 innings.

Oh no they lost one game out of 162.

I think I'll quit on the team.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
So you're saying what Frank has said has been worse than William Ligue? Worse than the White-flag trade? Worse than the teams constant underachieving for 4 years up until 2005?

Frank Thomas's attitude is why the NBA has a dress code? Frank Thomas's attitude is why there was an NHL lockout? Maybe his poor attitude is also why college basketball coaches are covering up murders? Oh and maybe his attitude caused Jayson Williams to kill his limo driver? Maybe it even put Kobe over the edge and made him rape that woman. I'm even willing to wager that Frank being a prima donna is why Urbina slashed people, put gasoline on them, and then torched them? I'm pretty sure Ron Artest was so disappointed with Frank that he went into the stands in Detroit to beat some ass.

Ok first, he may not have been as bad as Ligue and the other knuckleheads who ran on the field, but yeah i will say that his nonsense is worse than the white-flag trade (it worked out in the long run) and the underachieving teams (he was part of them).

Second, almost all of the example you gave have nothing to do with the actual sport -- unlike Frank. The examples you gave mostly have to do with bad people away from the sport (murders, rape, etc) so there really is no comparison. Frank's attitude makes the sport of baseball look bad because they always have to do with baseball and him not getting his way, which makes the whole franchise look bad. It is even worse because Frank was the "face" of the team. When your face is such an asshole, it really makes you wonder about the rest of the team and franchise.

Yeah I have homework to finish up and I have my tickets in my drawer for May 22 and I will be cheering my ass off for the greatest player in the history of the White Sox.

You would think an Admin would step away from a dispute like this wouldn't you? Oh well, I guess he has a case of the Thomas syndrome. Goodnight.