What no . . .

I was little sad this morning to see that there was no college hockey form. To me it is a hell of a lot more intriguing than following the Hawks at the moment. The opening weekend of the NCAA tourney just finished and they are down to the Frozen Four (North Dakota, Maine, BC, and Wisconsin).

Probably the biggest upset in college hockey history happened in the first round of the tourney with #2 seed Minnesota (probably deserved the 1 seed over Wisconsin) losing to #15 Holy Cross in OT. Minnesota's team is unreal and they were playing in nearby North Dakota so that is an amazing upset. BC trampeled over BU 5-0, just two weeks after losing to BU twice in the last month and a half. Maine beat heavily favored MSU to make it to the frozen four. And Wisconsin won the second longest game in college hockey tournament history with an amazing 1-0 victory 11 minutes into the 3 OT. There were a combined 99 saves in that game with Wisconsin's goalie getting regional MVP honors after posting back to back shut outs.

The Frozen Four is next weekend in Milwaukee. BC will face North Dakota at 2 Central and Maine will face Wisconsin at 7 Central, both games on Thursday on ESPN2 (so they dont interfere with Final Four). That Wisconsin game should be rocking with it being a short 45 minute drive from Madison. Wisconsin could become the first team to not have to leave the state to win the national championship. The final will be Saturday at 6 on ESPN, I personally would love to see a WCHA showdown between North Dakota and Wisconsin. Go Badgers!

I'm just wondering if anyone else gets as pumped over College Hockey as I do and follow it throughout the year

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)
There isn't really enough interest to warrant a new forum.

That being said, I watched the majority of the Wiscy-Cornell game with a Badger friend of mine.....Going into a third OT with it tied at 0.....damn.

Yea thats what you get when you match up the two teams with the two lowest GAA and the goalies were on there games. Both goalies made some ridiculous saves in the OT periods to keep that game scoreless. Wisco was #2, but playing in the WCHA powerhouse they clearly were the better team throughout the year (especially when Elliott was healthy). The WCHA is such a powerhouse of college hockey.

I was just reading TalkBHawks.com for the first time and I didn't realize that there was such love for Skille? He's good and all but to me if Kessel is available you have to take him. He is an absolute stud, you should have seen him play so of the U-18 national games, he's is a going to be a beast in the NHL

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 08:55 AM)
Yea thats what you get when you match up the two teams with the two lowest GAA and the goalies were on there games.  Both goalies made some ridiculous saves in the OT periods to keep that game scoreless.  Wisco was #2, but playing in the WCHA powerhouse they clearly were the better team throughout the year (especially when Elliott was healthy).  The WCHA is such a powerhouse of college hockey.

I was just reading TalkBHawks.com for the first time and I didn't realize that there was such love for Skille?  He's good and all but to me if Kessel is available you have to take him.  He is an absolute stud, you should have seen him play so of the U-18 national games, he's is a going to be a beast in the NHL

What does love for Skille have to do with Kessel? You realize the Hawks already drafted Skille...

Also, i'm a big a hockey fan as anyone, but there is pretty much no need for a college hockey forum. You can post college hockey stuff on there. The problem is that it isn't followed that much, and nearly none of it is on tv during the year, save the playoffs. To have its own thread would be a waste. It can go in the NHL forum without a problem.

I mean, should we start a college roller hockey forum because i play for the team here?

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
What does love for Skille have to do with Kessel? You realize the Hawks already drafted Skille...

Also, i'm a big a hockey fan as anyone, but there is pretty much no need for a college hockey forum. You can post college hockey stuff on there. The problem is that it isn't followed that much, and nearly none of it is on tv during the year, save the playoffs. To have its own thread would be a waste. It can go in the NHL forum without a problem.

I mean, should we start a college roller hockey forum because i play for the team here?

I did not even know that U of I had a roller hockey team.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 08:22 AM)
Our team won 30 games but we aren't an NCAA team.

32-6-2....

And our team beat you guys, and won a national title last year.

Trust me, the level of play is much different (yes, i've been to many games and have played the game my whole life). If our ACHA team played michigan, for example, they'd get beat in convincing fashion.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
And our team beat you guys, and won a national title last year.

Trust me, the level of play is much different (yes, i've been to many games and have played the game my whole life). If our ACHA team played michigan, for example, they'd get beat in convincing fashion.

Strange question, but are the hockey players at Illinois as freakin strange as they are here?

Being out East for Spring Break, just like every year, I always watch just as much college hockey as I do college basketball this time of year.

How college hockey isn't popular here with solid midwest clubs such as Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St, Minnesota, Miami (Oh), etc. boggles the mind.

Everyone is discounting the Eagles against North Dakota, but the same was done last week against BU, and BC beat them 5-0.

Go Eagles!