June 1st game thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 singles for the Indians put runners on 1st and 3rd, but Buehrle induces a 6-4-3 DP. Run scores, but there are now 2 outs in the bottom of the 2nd. 1-1 is the score.

NICE leaping catch by Jose to end the inning.

Jose so far = 1 for 1 w/ a double, run scored, nice defensive catch, and started that DP. Nice. :)

The Indians load the bases with 2 outs, but Buehrle gets Brandon Phillips looking to end the threat.

Mark's getting hit hard -- I hope he squares himself away. Otherwise, the Sox will not win this game.

End 3, Sox up 2-1.

Like I said earlier, our defense is not bad, and we're showing it so far today. A nice running catch by Lee, a leaping grab of a liner by Jose, and now a BEAUTIFUL short-hop-backhander by Jimenez, along with a running throw and stretch by Frank to get Shane Spencer.

Mark's getting a lot of help today -- hopefully it won't go to waste. 2 down in the bottom of the 4th, Sox up 2-1, and MB with 4 K's so far.

D'Angelo has the 2 toughest components of the cycle. All he needs is a double and a single.

Sox up 2-1 after 4 1/2.

Kenny Rogers has allowed 5 straight singles to start the game against Seattle. :lol:

Well, Rogers finally didn't allow a single. This time he allowed a triple, and it's 5-0 Seattle with 0 outs in the 1st.

Frank not wearing sunglasses for a day game? :nono

D'Angelo has the 2 toughest components of the cycle.  All he needs is a double and a single.

Sox up 2-1 after 4 1/2.

Kenny Rogers has allowed 5 straight singles to start the game against Seattle. :lol:

Well, Rogers finally didn't allow a single.  This time he allowed a triple, and it's 5-0 Seattle with 0 outs in the 1st.

Yeah, and even after missing that easy ball, he still didn't ask for a pair of sunglasses :huh:

DA got lucky for that triple, he hit it to the guy who is truely the laziest SOB I have seen in the majors right now.

D'Angelo has the 2 toughest components of the cycle.  All he needs is a double and a single.

Sox up 2-1 after 4 1/2.

Well, Rogers finally didn't allow a single.  This time he allowed a triple, and it's 5-0 Seattle with 0 outs in the 1st.

Yeah, and even after missing that easy ball, he still didn't ask for a pair of sunglasses :huh:

DA got lucky for that triple, he hit it to the guy who is truely the laziest SOB I have seen in the majors right now.

I'd be somewhat stunned if he doesn't have a pair of shades on when he comes back on the field.

He draws a nice walk. Let's see if Magglio can do something about it.

Need this Win, Sould have won friday. Minny got there ass kicked by the M's :headbang Can make up some ground. I'm still hopefull that something will pull this bunch toghether and will make a good run :bringit

Our offense still sucks :ph34r:

and batting into a double play, that would be Jose - hey, it rhymes!

are we going to have these Jose minute by minute updates all season?

then cover everything he does - (and doesn't do)

MB walks a guy, and there's runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out in the bottom of the 7th.

Flash is coming in.

Not a bad game by Mark. He got hit hard, but he battled and has a shot at getting his first win since April 10. :ph34r:

Our offense still sucks :ph34r:

and batting into a double play, that would be Jose - hey, it rhymes!

are we going to have these Jose minute by minute updates all season?

then cover everything he does - (and doesn't do)

What "minute by minute" updates?

I saw a lot of people ripping on the guy, so I wanted to point out that he's having a good game. These "good or bad call it as you see it" philosophies work both ways man.

Jose did hit into a DP, but he ran HARD and almost beat the throw. Nobody else on our team would have made it that close. He's 2 for 3 with a double, run scored, single, stolen base, and a beautiful leaping catch. But yes, let's focus in on the double play that he hit into.

:P