If you live in Detroit, dont call 911

Kyyle23

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/10/911.lawsuit/index.html

Robert Turner, who was 5 at the time, called 911 on February 20 and reported that his mother, who had an enlarged heart, had collapsed.

The boy told CNN he tried to shake her and called 911 for help when he couldn't wake her.

He quoted a dispatcher as telling him, "Stop playing on the phone." The child called back three hours later, but it was hours after that before anyone came to his home, said Fieger.

At a news conference announcing the filing of the suit, Fieger said Robert Turner's case is not the only one.

He played another 911 tape from January 12, 2005, in which a woman who had been shot in the head by her husband called 911.

On the tape, the operator can be heard asking the woman if she has a mental problem and then asking that the husband who shot the woman be put on the phone. Rescuers did not come until a third call was placed by the woman's son, who lives out of state.

The woman in that case, said Fieger, lived but is paralyzed. He said the second case "indicates to the city that they have a problem that needs to be addressed."

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
The catchall thread has some responses, all of the fire those dispactchers now, variety.

methinks I should start catching up on the catch-all thread before making new posts.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 07:46 AM)
methinks I should start catching up on the catch-all thread before making new posts.

Not really. The new tape really adds to the story. I guess if there are a lot of prank phone calls, dispatchers become jaded and not always make the right decision.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 08:49 AM)
Flavor Flav has been saying it for years now:

"You better wake up and smell the real flavor

Cause 911 is a fake life saver

So get up, get, get get down

911 is a joke in yo town

Get up, get, get, get down

Late 911 wears the late crown

Ow, ow 911 is a joke "

Who ever thought that Flavor Flav lyrics could be used in a serious conversation about saving lives. After watching some of his VH1 moneymakers(I refuse to call them shows, that guy makes money off of VH1 shows and then blows it all and makes another one), it amazes me that a verse can actually be bouncing around in his brain.

Geoffrey Feiger is their lawyer? Damn.

He is a human piece of filth. I had the mispleasure of producing for him for one afternoon as a guesthost at a radio station I worked at.

He sued Rite Aid on behalf of some dude that got killed by Security during a fight or something and I think Rite Aid was found guilty to the tune of a billion dollars.

Seriously.