Start of our Home Stand on a good Note

SoxRock05

Well, as the 2006 season steadily gets underway, the... correction...our Chicago WhiteSox look foward to the weekend as they Begin a 9 game home stand. Going in at 5-4 and facing a Toronto Blue Jays team with an identical record, the White Sox look to continue thier 4 game winning streak. The two first weeks of baseball for our Sox has shown us all that unlike last year's pitching before hitting, defense before offense, or as some like to call it, OzzieBall, this year has taken a complete turn around. Pitching has been shaky and defense has been decent but not great. The addition of slugger Jim Thome has turned out to be a great one, now just stay healthy my friend. 5-4 is not where most people expected the White Sox to end up going into this firts home stand of the season, but hey, its better than 0-9 right. After giving up a 6 run lead against the pesky Royals, the Sox and J. (let it stand for whatever name you choose) Garland almost give up a 7 run lead to the Detroit Tigers. Many people are worrying about Garland and how he has started off this season, I don't....give him some time, he'll get back into his working rythem. Its gonna be a nice weekend here in the great City of Chicago...mid-to-high 70's is the call. Today was pretty nice also, did anyone see all 22+ homeruns leave the ballparks around the MLB this afternoon. As the weather warms up, the balls begin to fly. This may concern some maybe more than some pitchers, but for Javier Vazquez...no worries is the report. Friday night's showdown against the Jays will mark Vazquez's Home debut with our beloved White Sox. After a steller outing against the Royals, going 7 innings and allowing 2 runs on 5 hits, Vazquez is looking to repeat that performance tomorrow night. Without having to face Halladay or Burnett during the series my prediction is another sweep and continuing on through the weekend with a 7 game winning streak. The WhiteSox are throwing Vazquez Friday, Buehrle Saturday, and Garcia Sunday. For the Jays, it will be Downs Friday, Lilly Saturday, and Towers Sunday (I believe, Correct me if wrong). Should make to be a wonderful weekend, enjoy the weather and Go SoX!!!! :gosox1:

:cheers

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
great post, I can't wait for Vasquez's home debut tonight...though I highly doubt we'll get anywhere close to a sell-out, its gonna be a beautiful night for baseball.  I like Vaz (spelled it right there) to go 6 2/3, 3 ER, 6k, 2 BB. Pods will get 2 hits tonight.  Mark it.  White SOX WINNER.   :gosox4:

:banghead

Although he has had some bad numbers against the Blow Jobs in his career, I think he will be electric tonight only giving up a solo homer to Troy Glaus.

7 2/3, 7 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K's

:puke :canada

Edited by santo=dorf