OOTP league with openings

rangercal

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
I'll give it a shot, but I don't really know what I'm doing. How do I even sign up to manage a team on this thing? Do I just submit an application and see what happens?

You've done all you have to. You'll be given a team, I believe the D-Backs are open right now but don't hold me to that.

Alright, I have a question for some OOTP veterans. I just inherited a pretty bad team. In an attempt to pick up some young talent, I'm trying to trade Andruw Jones, who's still a pretty solid player despite some drawbacks (31 years old, 4-48 contract).

What kind of talent should I expect to receive in return? Can I get two strong, near-major league ready prospects with high star ratings? If I can get two high star guys but one of them is an A-ball guy with a ways to go, should I go for it? What about one decent major league pitcher and a roughly AA-level 4 star prospect?

I could use whatever advice you guys can give me.

Jones is still pretty damn good and the contract shouldn't be a huge deal seeing how most every team in the league has a ton of cash saved up. You should be able to get atleast two damn good prospects for him. 1 atleast should be major league ready. If you can get a very good young major league player and a high rated lesser developed spect for him then you should be happy as well. Jones should come at a high price tag and there should be numerous takers, don't settle for less than you think he's worth.

EDIT: I just took another look at Jones and I'm surprised, his ratings have actually gone up since he's joined the D-Backs. You should be able to get a very good package for him, probably more than I said you could get.

Edited by Kalapse

I noticed the money thing, that is ridiculous. Everyone has at least like $80 mil, and I've got like $25 mil.

What constitutes a "damn good prospect." Like 4.5 stars? Is getting a 2.5 star major-league SP worth the effort?

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:44 PM)
I noticed the money thing, that is ridiculous. Everyone has at least like $80 mil, and I've got like $25 mil.

What constitutes a "damn good prospect." Like 4.5 stars? Is getting a 2.5 star major-league SP worth the effort?

You should be able to get a very good 3.0 SP for him along with like a 4.5/5.0 well rated spect. There's a pretty big difference between a 2.5 and a 3.0 SP.

A damn good prospect is a 5.0 spect with high talent ratings.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
You should be able to get a very good 3.0 SP for him along with like a 4.5/5.0 well rated spect. There's a pretty big difference between a 2.5 and a 3.0 SP.

A damn good prospect is a 5.0 spect with high talent ratings.

Alright, thanks for the advice. So far I seem to be a little short of that.

Zoom,

If you would like feel free to PM me on either board and Ill give you some advice. In my opinion there are 2 different schools of thought on Major League talent star ratings. Some people subscribe to starss, some people subscribe to ratings. I am in the latter, so if the 2.5 star pitcher has better ratings than the 3.0 pitcher I like the 2.5 pitcher better. Stars is more dependent on actual performance from what I can tell.

To everyone else,

If anyone is interested in helping a team out Im getting really busy and do not have the time to put into my team that I used to. So I would be looking for some one to help me get deals done etc. My team is Oakland.