Questions

mreye

I bet he doesn't get voted to the All Star game now..

Anyone have the lead vote getters as of right now?

Sammy is 2nd in the NL OF balloting. Vlad is 120,000 votes behind and Pujols is 125,000 votes behind.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...r2003&fext=.jsp

Another case in point of why fans shouldn't be able to vote for All-Star starters. ShamME couldn't wipe Vlad's or Albert's ass this year. Yet stupid f***ing casual baseball fans vote, mostly, purely on name recognition alone. If you put McGuire's name on the '04 ballot as a joke, he probably be voted a f***ing starter at 1B..... most casual baseball fans probably don't know that he has retired.

If more of the "real" fans voted, maybe this problem wouldn't exist.

No they won't.  Baseball already has lost some credibility by having one of their premier players getting caught cheating.  They aren't going to risk losing more credibility by simply giving him a slap on the wrist.  I figure it'll be 10 games at least.

He may, but he WILL play this weekend VS YANKEES...bank that.

He may, but he WILL play this weekend VS YANKEES...bank that.

Sure.

Even if his suspension gets levied in the next day or 2, Sosa can appeal it. He probably would do that, since the series vs. the Yankees is a little more important for the Cubs than a series against Milwaukee or some scrub team.

Sure.

Even if his suspension gets levied in the next day or 2, Sosa can appeal it.  He probably would do that, since the series vs. the Yankees is a little more important for the Cubs than a series against Milwaukee or some scrub team.

It will not be levied until next MONDAY, wait and see.

I bet he doesn't get voted to the All Star game now..

Anyone have the lead vote getters as of right now?

Sammy is 2nd in the NL OF balloting. Vlad is 120,000 votes behind and Pujols is 125,000 votes behind.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...r2003&fext=.jsp

Another case in point of why fans shouldn't be able to vote for All-Star starters. ShamME couldn't wipe Vlad's or Albert's ass this year. Yet stupid f***ing casual baseball fans vote, mostly, purely on name recognition alone. If you put McGuire's name on the '04 ballot as a joke, he probably be voted a f***ing starter at 1B..... most casual baseball fans probably don't know that he has retired.

If more of the "real" fans voted, maybe this problem wouldn't exist.

I say the people directly involved in the game (players, managers, coaches) should vote, but that's just me....

Sure.

Even if his suspension gets levied in the next day or 2, Sosa can appeal it.  He probably would do that, since the series vs. the Yankees is a little more important for the Cubs than a series against Milwaukee or some scrub team.

He already said he will not appeal. They will wait to issue the suspension till next week, my guess anyway.