White Sox Select Texas Righty Kyle McCulloch

Chisoxfn

White Sox Select Kyle McCulloch

By Jason Gage

FutureSox.com

The Chicago White Sox happily waited till the 29th overall pick before selecting RHP Kyle McCulloch in the first round of the 2006 amateur draft. The draft was one short of shockers with the Royals selecting Luke Hochevar (1st overall) and the Tigers selecting Andrew Miller (top rated pitcher)...Click Here for the Rest of his scouting report

Gracias. If anyone sees any grammatical errors, please point them out. Was doing my best to get this stuff up as quick as possible.

In a few we will start up our draft tracker that will list the Sox picks as they come in.

Here's a blurb from BA that gives you a background of McCulloch's prior draft experience:

Good Decision To Go To College

1:34 p.m.: Kyle McCulloch was originally drafted by the Mets in the 18th round in 2003 out of Bellaire High in Houston. The Mets did not have a second or third round choice that season because of signing Tom Glavine and Cliff Floyd and their was speculation the Mets would try and sign him above slot to get him to bypass college. They did not, and three years later he is a first-round pick.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
One thing, in the middle of the article, you say he took off for the Aggies. And it should be longhorns. Other than that it looks real good, especially how quickly you got the article up.

Haha, talk about a brain fart. Thanks, got it fixed, also thanks to knight's help you can see him in a Sox uni in the article.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
I'm not sure what to think of this pick. I wish we could get a real power pitcher, but yea, those are rare.

The Tigers got a STEAL. Dang. Their system is doing really well now.

Well sucking and having money to spend makes it a lot easier to rebuild a farm system...

QUOTE(Hatchetman @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 12:48 PM)
My first response is eww. Stats are nothing special. Bill Long pops into my mind for some reason.

His splits are a lot better (once he worked out his kinks). Last year had an ERA under 3 and really really has impressive secondardy pitches.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
How does this guy compare to Lance Broadway?

They are both former state of Texas pitchers who jam their hats down on their heads like gas station workers so that their ears stick out.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
How does this guy compare to Lance Broadway?

Broadway had an awesome spike curve....McCulloch has an awesome changeup as well as a good curve, solid fastball, and a solid slider and he can throw all of them for strikes.