The 06 Chicago White Sox are born

Steve9347

It's on...

Take this from someone who's been with every pitch of this team, this year and the past.

Last night, clutch 2-run single by MVP candidate Jermaine Dye in the eighth inning.

Tonight, not one, but two comebacks... one against the guy with the most consecutive saves in the league (though don't ask me how a junkballer managed that)...

these last two games were such a resilliant bunch; I am so excited... we're getting it done with singles instead of the homerun ball. This was championship baseball at it's best, and I am happy to say that I am a f***ing Chicago White Sox fan.

Stretch. It will.... you can put it on the board.............................................

yes.

Edited by Steve9347

I love how people hate homeruns... yet they are the only sure hit for a run. I could care less if the sox scored seven runs of singles and doubles... or all off of three homeruns. Anyone ever notice that when the sox have not scored for three innings '' they are swinging for the fences''. Almost never does someone give a pitcher the respect they deserve... or does someone mention that the team cannot pick up a certain guy. Why does no one b**** when the sox are swinging for the fences? Shouldn't they be more content with a single? I am pretty positive most think the red sox... yankees... mets... just swing for the fence too.

Reading soxtalk you would think that...

1. Homeruns are bad... a base hit is superior.

2. Everytime a white sox player gets an out it is because they were pulling it for a home run.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 02:05 AM)
I love how people hate homeruns... yet they are the only sure hit for a run. I could care less if the sox scored seven runs of singles and doubles... or all off of three homeruns. Anyone ever notice that when the sox have not scored for three innings '' they are swinging for the fences''. Almost never does someone give a pitcher the respect they deserve... or does someone mention that the team cannot pick up a certain guy. Why does no one b**** when the sox are swinging for the fences? Shouldn't they be more content with a single? I am pretty positive most think the red sox... yankees... mets... just swing for the fence too.

2. Everytime a white sox player gets an out it is because they were pulling it for a home run.

Thats why we need to overpay for overbay. Or was that last year? :P

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 03:05 AM)

It is more likely that a player will hit a single more than any other hit, so the odds are in favor of manufacturing runs than swinging for the fences. So in terms of offensive efficiency, a base hit is better than a HR because of the frequency at which they occur.

HRs are not bad though; take them when you can get them.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
It's on...

This was championship baseball at it's best, and I am happy to say that I am a f***ing Chicago White Sox fan.

Stretch. It will.... you can put it on the board.............................................

yes.

There seems to have been a change in atmosphere on the ballclub, or what we fans see of it anyway. I hope this is the beginning of the group coming together and driving for the title phase of the season.

And I hope that KW is able to work some trade magic to help the pitching. (I know Garland has a no-trade clause, but that only means he would have to okay a trade -- maybe he wants to be somewhere else, which would give the Sox that trade option. Dunno.)

The last two games have been incredible. My buddy who has been to quite a lot of sox games with me, including ALDS and ALCS last year said that yesterdays game was probably the best game he has seen.

Definitely been a great atmosphere, hopefully it is slam packed tonight!

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:45 AM)
The last two games have been incredible. My buddy who has been to quite a lot of sox games with me, including ALDS and ALCS last year said that yesterdays game was probably the best game he has seen.

Definitely been a great atmosphere, hopefully it is slam packed tonight!

yesterday's game was definitely a great game to be at.. the atmosphere was amazing.

I can think of maybe one or two games in which it looked like the team had no life. That's about it. They've had the never quit thing goin' all year.

I agree.

Watching on TV, I loved our rally tonight in the ninth, but I couldn't help but be mad at all

the runs Fred gave up earlier that cost us the game on massive home run shots.

I'm still concerned because I don't think we just now developed a winning attitude.

I like you think we've had it all year and the team still has some major on the field

question marks.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
I can think of maybe one or two games in which it looked like the team had no life. That's about it. They've had the never quit thing goin' all year.

That stretch back there against Toronto, Cleveland, and Texas, this team started to look that way. They found some balls against Detroit.