Wood vs Clemens

southsider2k5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matchup was and is OVERRATED

You're nuts. If your hatred for the Cubs clouds your judgement that much, then you need to take off the silver and black glasses. That was one great baseball game on a great stage, with history on the line.

The only bad things about that game were Choi's injury and the stupid ass superimposed ads that Fox placed on the brick wall behind home plate.

You're nuts.  If your hatred for the Cubs clouds your judgement that much, then you need to take off the silver and black glasses.  That was one great baseball game on a great stage, with history on the line.

The only bad things about that game were Choi's injury and the stupid ass superimposed ads that Fox placed on the brick wall behind home plate.

That is your opinion , I have mine, Clemens /Wood does nothing for me, has nothing to do with Sox, this was Clemens 3rd try at 300 ...yawn.....and Wood has barely been a .500 pitcher. :huh:

Sammy was suspended wasnt he? That little maggot appealed his suspension. I think he should have just been a man and taken his punishment for an intentional cheat.

And speaking of White, we havent seen him in a while. Whered he go? He use to be one of JMs favorites...

You're nuts.  If your hatred for the Cubs clouds your judgement that much, then you need to take off the silver and black glasses.  That was one great baseball game on a great stage, with history on the line.

That is your opinion , I have mine, Clemens /Wood does nothing for me, has nothing to do with Sox, this was Clemens 3rd try at 300 ...yawn.....and Wood has barely been a .500 pitcher. :huh:

Then your scope of baseball knowledge is way too narrow. Anytime a guy is going for 300 wins is huge and to be doing so at Wrigley where the Yankees hadn't played since 1938 and against a fellow Texas pitcher, not to mention the young vs. old plotlines makes for great baseball. If you didn't watch, then you have no clue how this game played out. If you don't care, then get the hell off this thread and go back to your narrow view of the game, however sad it is.

Sammy was suspended wasnt he? That little maggot appealed his suspension. I think he should have just been a man and taken his punishment for an intentional cheat.

And speaking of White, we havent seen him in a while. Whered he go? He use to be one of JMs favorites...

Sammy appealed, which is routine. He'll likely repeal his suspension when it best serves his team. That my friends, is how the system works.

Watch. During his suspension the Cubs will go 8-0 and then hell come back and theyll lose like five straight. Then hell harp to the media how important he is to the team... :lol:

Then he'll flip out on another reporter who suggests he isn't an important part of the team :D

Then your scope of baseball knowledge is way too narrow. Anytime a guy is going for 300 wins is huge and to be doing so at Wrigley where the Yankees hadn't played since 1938 and against a fellow Texas pitcher, not to mention the young vs. old plotlines makes for great baseball. If you didn't watch, then you have no clue how this game played out. If you don't care, then get the hell off this thread and go back to your narrow view of the game, however sad it is.

Because my opinion on game does not agree with yours is no reason to get personal, 2 people can disagree without questioning someone's scope of baseball knowledge.

Because my opinion on game does not agree with yours is no reason to get personal, 2 people can disagree without questioning someone's scope of baseball knowledge.

Sorry, if you can't see that matchup today as a great one, then I certainly question your baseball knowledge and your understanding of its history. If that is considered getting personal, then so be it.

If you aren't interested in it, fine. If you can't see the significance of it that tells me all I need to know.

If Sammys at the AS game Im gonna heckle him all day long. Im gonna get as close as I can and just yell all the crap I can. I think for the Cubs-Sox series we should sell little wine bottles and ya press a button and out pops a cork. We could sit there when he bats and just pop em incessantly. It would be like Anaheim where they have those little bats. And then we could have big rum bottle balloons just like those in Anaheim, except that theyre giant rum bottles. When Sammy comes up, wed turn to any girl with us and tap her on the head with it (dont hit her, thatd piss her off). Theres all kinds of stuff we could use to make fun of Sammy...

If Sammys at the AS game Im gonna heckle him all day long. Im gonna get as close as I can and just yell all the crap I can. I think for the Cubs-Sox series we should sell little wine bottles and ya press a button and out pops a cork. We could sit there when he bats and just pop em incessantly. It would be like Anaheim where they have those little bats. And then we could have big rum bottle balloons just like those in Anaheim, except that theyre giant rum bottles. When Sammy comes up, wed turn to any girl with us and tap her on the head with it (dont hit her, thatd piss her off). Theres all kinds of stuff we could use to make fun of Sammy...

Hehe... getting ideas for the June 29 game :D

I agree wholeheartly. That was one of about half a dozen marquee match ups that happen over the course of a season, and actually live up to their billing.

Normally I'd agree...unless one of the parties says something along the line of, I dunno...

"Clemens /Wood does nothing for me, has nothing to do with Sox, this was Clemens 3rd try at 300 ...yawn.....and Wood has barely been a .500 pitcher"

Rex is right- that tells pretty much all.

Look for the Yanks to get some middle-relievers VERY soon

No s***. I too hope it's the Konerko/Wunsht/White-for-Johnson-and-Felix Diaz-type prospect deal.

But then again, KW was never good with the obvious moves. Nor would Yankees part with Nic Johnson who has that magical thig that can't be taught and is almost nonexistent in young player: eye. With Mondesi and Ventura not firing in their longterm plans and with Jeter and Bernie making huge money, Soriano and Johnson might be the only untouchable commodities even with Giambi around.

Normally I'd agree...unless one of the parties says something along the line of, I dunno...

"Clemens /Wood does nothing for me, has nothing to do with Sox, this was Clemens 3rd try at 300 ...yawn.....and Wood has barely been a .500 pitcher"

Rex is right- that tells pretty much all.

Sorry I do not fall in the trap off kiss ass media hype.

Sorry, if you can't see that matchup today as a great one, then I certainly question your baseball knowledge and your understanding of its history. If that is considered getting personal, then so be it.

If you aren't interested in it, fine. If you can't see the significance of it that tells me all I need to know.

Opinions are like assholes everyone's got one, matchup was 100% ass kissing media hype in a month no one will care or talk about the great Clemens/Wood matchup. Game was one for the ages :rolleyes:

Opinions are like assholes everyone's got one, matchup was 100% ass kissing media hype in a month no one will care or talk about the great Clemens/Wood matchup. Game was one for the ages :rolleyes:

So what better match ups have you seen lately? :huh:

You have no clue and obviously no sense of history. The media hyped that game because it deserved to be hyped. Crawl out from under your hatred of the Cubs and be a baseball fan for a day. Hate to break it to you, but the game is much more than just the Sox.