Series Preview: White Sox @ Reds

aboz56

By Alex Bozich

abozich@futuresox.com

After taking 3 of 4 from the Texas Rangers, the White Sox will conclude a seven game road trip with three interleague games in Cincinnati. The Reds have been the surprise team in the National League thus far in 2006 as they sit just 2.5 games out of first in the NL Central and currently lead the Wildcard race.

Read More...

I'd probably agree with most of the assessment you have. Aboz - your starting line-up will probably see Rich Aurilia at 3rd (he rakes at home, plus he has pictures of Jerry Narron) and Scott Hatteburg at 1b. You will see Freel in the game as an occasional pinch runner/defensive substitution.

If the Reds have good starting pitching and can get to Garland & Garcia and feed of their 5-6+ ERA, and our bullpen shows up, the Reds can take 2 of 3 as well.

Should be a good series.

QUOTE(Heath @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
I'd probably agree with most of the assessment you have. Aboz - your starting line-up will probably see Rich Aurilia at 3rd (he rakes at home, plus he has pictures of Jerry Narron) and Scott Hatteburg at 1b. You will see Freel in the game as an occasional pinch runner/defensive substitution.

If the Reds have good starting pitching and can get to Garland & Garcia and feed of their 5-6+ ERA, and our bullpen shows up, the Reds can take 2 of 3 as well.

Should be a good series.

I wasn't sure on the lineups. Cincy has a different one every game it seems.

Changed it in my preview though to reflect the starters and not the lineups.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
I wasn't sure on the lineups. Cincy has a different one every game it seems.

Changed it in my preview though to reflect the starters and not the lineups.

In 57 games, Narron's only had the same line-up three times.

Griffey's been injured and so has EdE, but Narron plays percentages and match-ups.

Welcome to National League baseball. Sorry your pitcher has to hit :P

Not having Thome in the lineup in games 1 and 2 is going to be a big problem. He is the key to the Sox offense. With a big piece of the offensive puzzle out, the Sox can take either/both of the first two games only if the pitching picks up the offense. And I don't have the faith in this pitching staff that I once had.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
Not having Thome in the lineup in games 1 and 2 is going to be a big problem. He is the key to the Sox offense. With a big piece of the offensive puzzle out, the Sox can take either/both of the first two games only if the pitching picks up the offense. And I don't have the faith in this pitching staff that I once had.

heh :P

Not having Thome in the lineup in games 1 and 2 is going to be a big problem. He is the key to the Sox offense. With a big piece of the offensive puzzle out, the Sox can take either/both of the first two games only if the pitching picks up the offense. And I don\\\'t have the faith in this pitching staff that I once had.

or score 12 runs w/o him...

we didn\\\'t have Thome last year, why does everyone think he HAS to be in the lineup all of the sudden.

Edited by Maverick0984

i have to say i was proud of the sox fan representation at great american ballpark last night. i've been to a fair amount of sox roadies, but i've never been to one where our cheers were drowning out the home fans. it was pretty freakin sweet :gosox3: .

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
i have to say i was proud of the sox fan representation at great american ballpark last night. i've been to a fair amount of sox roadies, but i've never been to one where our cheers were drowning out the home fans. it was pretty freakin sweet :gosox3: .

There was a bunch of SoxTalk guys there too.