Official Game Thread 6/28 - Sox vs Pirates 6:05

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
This might be one of the most enjoyable game threads in a long time.

Wasn't the majority of the negative posts in this thread about our approach at the plate? Even the biggest Sox homers couldn't have been pleased with the swings we took in the first 6 innings.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
Wasn't the majority of the negative posts in this thread about our approach at the plate? Even the biggest Sox homers couldn't have been pleased with the swings we took in the first 6 innings.

Competing for one of my favorite threads ever. And I'm dead serious.

Edited by jphat007

Are the Pirates "showcasing" Roberto Hernandez here?

Do we want to light him up, and not trade for him? Or see him pitch well so he seems more attractive? (We could still win the game with the lead we have.)

(I'm not watching live -- just Gameday -- so by the time I posted, this was already answered.)

Edited by VAfan

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)

Do we want to light him up, and not trade for him? Or see him pitch well so he seems more attractive? (We could still win the game with the lead we have.)

Are you serious? I would have wanted a 10 spot against him.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)

I think the pirates are now showcasing all of their tradeable talent.

Roberto had a high fastball, flyball city. I dont know if I want him. I dont know how he would project at the cell in summer.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
What else is on your list?

At the top is game 2 of the world series. Absolutely the funniest thread I've ever read in my life. I went back and read the end of it a couple of weeks ago and couldn't stop laughing and shaking my head at the same time.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
I'm glad we're making your stay so enjoyable, jphat.

There is nothing better than a good laugh.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 06:03 PM)

I think some of the credit goes to the pitcher, IMO. Luckily he started leaving that breaking ball up in the 7th.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
At the top is game 2 of the world series. Absolutely the funniest thread I've ever read in my life. I went back and read the end of it a couple of weeks ago and couldn't stop laughing and shaking my head at the same time.

Ha, I could only imagine what was being said in that. I do remember congratulating you on Pods homer to win it. I also nailed the "gotta watch out for Vizcaino flaring one to left field" against Jenks.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)

There is nothing better than a good laugh.

They say laughter is the best medicine. We're just trying to keep you healthy.

That last pitch to Burnitz was nice.