Out of the Park Baseball

maggsmaggs

I highly recommend it. The new version is spectacular. It's realistic, it's entertaining, it's loads of fun. I love it, much more than I did/do 3d video games.

I have heard of some minor troubles for Macs, as it is there first time making it available for Mac users, but all minor problems will be fixed as time goes on.

You just have to download the updated patches and check out the site.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)
I highly recommend it. The new version is spectacular. It's realistic, it's entertaining, it's loads of fun. I love it, much more than I did/do 3d video games.

I have heard of some minor troubles for Macs, as it is there first time making it available for Mac users, but all minor problems will be fixed as time goes on.

You just have to download the updated patches and check out the site.

Thanks a ton. Going to college, I won't be able to play my MVP 05, so I was looking for something and this seemed like a good option. Glad you recommended it.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
Thanks a ton. Going to college, I won't be able to play my MVP 05, so I was looking for something and this seemed like a good option. Glad you recommended it.

why don't u just bring your xbox or ps2 wit u?

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
I don't have an XBox or PS2 :crying , only MVP, NBA, Madden on the PC. And for journalism at Missouri, I need a Mac.

Say it isn't so! I couldn't live without my xbox. I play MVP 05 all the time

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are all the players in the game fake or can you actually get the real players?

You download a roster patch and all the players are real.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have heard good things about Baseball Mogul and Out of the Park Baseball. Which one is the best?

I think its a no brainer..

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
BTW, Baseball Mogul is a nice, cheap alternative, and I hear OOTP 07 is bad this year.

if you heard that from me, i've changed my mind.

After the new patch they put out, i'm having a blast with the new version.

But tony is right, baseball mogul is also a fun game, it's definitely alot 'lighter' than OOTP

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
BTW, Baseball Mogul is a nice, cheap alternative, and I hear OOTP 07 is bad this year.

Its OOTP 06, not 07, and from my experience, its not that bad. There are some bugs, but I haven't seen anything that glaring that hasn't been addressed in patches.

I'm not a fan of Baseball Mogul. I think it sucks to be honest, but thats just me.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
Is it easy to find and download? Are there any risks of viruses or is it throught Out of the Park Baseball? Thanks RedandWhite for all the help.

Very easy to find. They are put out (and linked to) on the OOTP forums, which can be found here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/foru...play.php?f=3623

Or more specifically, the mod forum here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/foru...play.php?f=3638

it is an absolute blast... a lot of us soxtalkers and some other people are in a huge online league that use ootp as the basis... very realistic and fun.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Say it isn't so! I couldn't live without my xbox. I play MVP 05 all the time

im the carolina knights, b****es.

As a stat freak, let me tell you that OOTP is nothing short of amazing. The OOTP engine is infinitely more realistic than 3D games like MVP and MLB 2k6, and, best of all, you're not forced to continually tinker with slider options in order to produce realistic results. If playing with ficitional rosters isn't your cup of tea, there's always fan-created rosters that you have the option to download. There's currently one on www.ootpmodsquad.com

Keep in mind, that upon release and to the dismay of many fans, OOTP 2006 was nothing short of terrible. Several game-breaking bugs were evident, and the AI was downright poor. Thankfully, the game developers have released several patches since then, restoring the game's original state of greatness. In fact, another patch is tentatively scheduled to be released on the 20th.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
If playing with ficitional rosters isn't your cup of tea, there's always fan-created rosters that you have the option to download.

Or historical databases from Lahman (which is down at the moment, but still nifty) or ARod/Garlon. Basically, you can do just about whatever you want with OOTP, especially the newer version which makes historical finances much more realistic (in 6, you would have to use current day finances while playing in the past, no matter what year).

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
Anyone know how to buy the game for the mac? I have been trying to, but when I go to the buy now page, I only see an option for the PC version.

http://www.ootpbaseball2006.com/downloads....w=download&id=1

You can probably just download the setup file, and purchase it that way (you could with OOTP 6, not sure if its the same for 2006).

You can get the demo here for mac if you want to try it before you buy it.

I am addicted to Eastside Hockey Manager 2005 ATM, which is made by the same developers (Sports Interactive) that just made the last OOTP 2006 game. Basically the same type of graphical interface and stats etc.

I should probably end up buying OOTP 2006 now. :lol:

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:01 AM)
I just downloaded the game for mac, do I still need to get the patches or do they update the game download when patches come out, as well?

I don't know for sure, but it can't hurt to get the patches.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
I don't have an XBox or PS2 :crying , only MVP, NBA, Madden on the PC. And for journalism at Missouri, I need a Mac.

I thought the rule was you just needed a laptop, be it PC or mac? Obviously going there you would know better, I'm just going off their website....

Anyway, if you get OOTP, try an online league. I know that a lot of people just play solo, some just play online (like me), and some do both. Personally, I think it's a great challenge competing against 31 (or whatever) other GMs in a realistic setting. But, to each his own.

Edited by farmteam