Todays sox game made me angrier

GoRowand33

this isn't a thread about bashing the sox (because I do think they'll improve) so don't think I've gone crazy after reading this

it's just that I've tried so hard to stay positive for the past couple weeks, but after going to the game yesterday and seeing them get shelled, then watching another mess of a game tonight, all my frustration must have boiled over

I'm generally a pretty calm guy, but after our loss today I completely lost it

since I was at a friends house (who were nice enough to understand why I was so pissed) I had to keep it light, but they found a bat for me to take, and I just started bashing anything I could find in his yard out of frustration

I know most of you probably will think that is a ridiculous thing to do, but I've just about had it with poor execution and bad fundamental play, and it all boiled over in tonight's game

It's time to get it together.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
this isn't a thread about bashing the sox (because I do think they'll improve) so don't think I've gone crazy after reading this

it's just that I've tried so hard to stay positive for the past couple weeks, but after going to the game yesterday and seeing them get shelled, then watching another mess of a game tonight, all my frustration must have boiled over

I'm generally a pretty calm guy, but after our loss today I completely lost it

since I was at a friends house (who were nice enough to understand why I was so pissed) I had to keep it light, but they found a bat for me to take, and I just started bashing anything I could find in his yard out of frustration

I know most of you probably will think that is a ridiculous thing to do, but I've just about had it with poor execution and bad fundamental play, and it all boiled over in tonight's game

ah, the inner sox fan is coming to the surface. let it out. let it out. don't accept this piss poor play. don't assume it will get better "just because"

I was at today's game and i would say that it was THE WORST game that i have ever been too. They popped up sooooooo many times that it became shocking when a ball didn't go about 500 ft straight up into the air. The offense was non-existant but they did have decent pitching (besides the 9th of course). This kind of play is getting real old real quick and is very frustrating to watch.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
Guys, it's just baseball.

--Good thing this board wasn't up for the 1970 season.

Or all the years we lost to the hated Yankess and finished second with Al Lopez managing, or 1967 when we couldn't score at all or 1968 or... or ... 1977 when we had lots offense and no pitching or.. or... :D

Slumps happen and the longer we go into this the harder it is to come out, but as Ozzie eluded to it just takes one game to get the momentum shifted back in the positive direction and in terms of the pitching its been good sans two innings (Buerhle and Vaz each had a bad inning).

The offense is really off right now and they are due for a slump, but I just hope it isn't a long term slump and that pretty soon we'll see this team break out on a major run.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)

Were you talking about Friday Nites game? or Saturdays? Or Thursdays game? or the KC game where we blew a 7 run lead?

I too get upset, but there's nothing we can do about it except keep showing up to games and cheering on the team. Booing accomplishes nothing, and getting all pissed off accomplishes nothing.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it IS just baseball. This is a group of 25 really talented guys (since Widger and Politte are gone), and I have faith they will pull it together. Garland did it after a rough start, Anderson did it after a rough first half, things will fall into place. I think yesterday's game was a great start. It reminded me a lot of 2005.

Now if they can just keep that up for most of the remaining games...

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:30 AM)
I too get upset, but there's nothing we can do about it except keep showing up to games and cheering on the team. Booing accomplishes nothing, and getting all pissed off accomplishes nothing.

Booing does make me feel better. Rarely am I not in the mood to go to a game, but watching an 80 mph Buehrle throwing bad pitches VS a Ranger team full of .300 hitters wasnt going to be good for my blood pressure, and I wisely chose Health over Bad baseball.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:30 AM)

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it IS just baseball. This is a group of 25 really talented guys (since Widger and Politte are gone), and I have faith they will pull it together. Garland did it after a rough start, Anderson did it after a rough first half, things will fall into place. I think yesterday's game was a great start. It reminded me a lot of 2005.

Now if they can just keep that up for most of the remaining games...

well I don't think theres anything wrong with venting frustration

when I poor my heart into a team like the Whitesox, I think it's natural to feel frustrated when their top-knotch talent is playing like shiit, so I just needed to vent it out so I'd feel better and be able to watch the next game

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
Or all the years we lost to the hated Yankess and finished second with Al Lopez managing, or 1967 when we couldn't score at all or 1968 or... or ... 1977 when we had lots offense and no pitching or.. or... :D

Thanks for bringing back such wonderful memories. :stick :D