Reggie Bush and Saints

ESPNews reports Reggie Bush and the Saints have agreed to terms on a six-year contract.

Details to follow, but the doomsday holdout scenarios played out in the media hardly came true. Bush only missed a few practices and the Saints offense will be geared around him. He's a hot topic of debate in fantasy leagues, but we believe Bush can put up numbers close to Brian Westbrook, which makes him a late RB2 at worst. Jul. 29 - 10:48 pm et

It just blows my mind how much money unproven rookies in the NFL are getting guaranteed. You have a great college career and decent athletecism at the combine, you are set for life, regardless of your NFL accomplishments.

PS. This has nothing to do with Reggie, I'm not saying he's going to bust at all, just rookies in general.

I can see why football rookies get paid more than baseball/basketball because shorter careers in general and contracts arent guaranteed.... But the amount that these guys are being paid is still ridiculous. I dont think they should be making half of what they do in there signing bonues.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
It just blows my mind how much money unproven rookies in the NFL are getting guaranteed. You have a great college career and decent athletecism at the combine, you are set for life, regardless of your NFL accomplishments.

PS. This has nothing to do with Reggie, I'm not saying he's going to bust at all, just rookies in general.

Wish the NFL did something like picks 1-10 get a certain deal and so on like that.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
I can see why football rookies get paid more than baseball/basketball because shorter careers in general and contracts arent guaranteed.... But the amount that these guys are being paid is still ridiculous. I dont think they should be making half of what they do in there signing bonues.

For example, Vernon Davis beind the highest paid at his position before ever taking a snap. Its why I think the smarter teams move down, take multiple guys and spread there cap room out much more even and end up having the cap space to actually resign there younger players that do succeed to extensions.