Interesting Statistics

GoRowand33

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 12:56 AM)
Cleveland's a great offensive team.

Verlander's the real deal.

Uhm, the Sox are a great offensive team, as well. So are the Yankees.

Either he doesn't get up for the big games, or good teams have his number.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
Our offense is fine, it's going to have it's bad games (tonight) and it's great ones, as has been said the key is our pitching, but I think that's true of every team in the majors...

Alright. I'm not going to disagree with you. BUT, how much longer can an offense that strikes out a TON, and hardly ever walks, keep putting up a bunch of runs. I have to think, that eventually, that free-swinging "philosophy" is going to bite them in the butt. Whether it's now, in a few weeks, September, or in the playoffs. Let's just say that the Tiger offense is centered around a lot of luck, and when that luck runs out, they're going to go into a funk.

Some teams can live without their pitching, if it goes into a funk. Case in point, the Yankees...who have a TERRIBLE rotation. Another...the Sox: who's rotation has underachieved all year, but it's offense has picked it up. I don't believe for a second that the Tigers offense would be able to pick up the pitching if it went into a prolonged funk. Maybe a few games, but not for 15-20.

Edited by champ

QUOTE(champ @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 02:17 AM)
Uhm, the Sox are a great offensive team, as well. So are the Yankees.

Either he doesn't get up for the big games, or good teams have his number.

Alright. I'm not going to disagree with you. BUT, how much longer can an offense that strikes out a TON, and hardly ever walks, keep putting up a bunch of runs. I have to think, that eventually, that free-swinging "philosophy" is going to bite them in the butt. Whether it's now, in a few weeks, September, or in the playoffs. Let's just say that the Tiger offense is centered around a lot of luck, and when that luck runs out, they're going to go into a funk.

I'd say our offense does walk

thome will get around 100 and konerko/dye/pods should have around 75 so and the only player with an OPS. under .725 is Anderson so I think the offense is good enough in those areas to be consistent throughout the year.

so the key will be pitching