Series Preview: White Sox @ Blue Jays

Heads22

Series Preview: White Sox @ Blue Jays

By Alex E.

The White Sox fell out of the Wild Card lead on Wednesday night as the Royals took advantage of the weather and morbid Sox pitching to salvage a win in the finale. The Sox now go to Toronto trying to push one of the other few Wild Card contenders out of the race for the seeable future.

READ MORE

The last two Jays' pitchers in the series needs to get their spiff together then, because they've looked like crap.

That and I think we can beat Halladay. We step it up against good pitchers. It'll also help if Thome and Paul are back against Doc, cause they can work the count and get him out of there earlier.

QUOTE(brijames @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
Jays lost their season high 5th in a row today. Not a good sign for this weekend. Look for a Blue Jay sweep and a death blow to any remaining chance of a Central title for the Sox.

um...............ok. :ph34r:

QUOTE(brijames @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
Jays lost their season high 5th in a row today. Not a good sign for this weekend. Look for a Blue Jay sweep and a death blow to any remaining chance of a Central title for the Sox.

Glad to see we're optimistic. Why even come here if that's all you wanna say? If you really think we're gonna lose, find another hobby.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 12:41 AM)
I don't have a good feeling about this series, but it would be great if we could win 2/3

i dont have a good feeling either. But can we finally win a series vs a contending team?!?!? I don't care if they are struggling or not. We need to win almost every series from here on out to stay in the hunt.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
i still think a white sox sweep prediction is a little generous...

I'm Mr Sunshine.

Also, 2-3 is definitley in the realm. I'll ban myself for a day (only a day cause work needs to be done around here...:P ) if we don't.

QUOTE(El Barto @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
2 out 3 looks doable. The blue jays are fading and its time to show that the sox are in it till the end by knocking out a "contender". A sweep would be great!

Jose Conteras on Sunday pitches against AJ Burnett, who has a whopping 2-5 record and a 4.84 ERA. Tomorrow, Javier Vazquez, a man who earned himself a >$10 million contract a few years ago, faces a man with an ERA of 10.80.

If we don't take 2 of 3, with the Jays falling apart...then we don't deserve to make a run at the wild card. It's difficult to set up a broom day better than this.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 02:53 AM)
Lol, the Article says "Kansas City Royals" for the Jays lineup, but it is definately not the Royals lineup.

FWIW, the Royals have outscored the Sox and Jays since the ASB.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 06:18 AM)
Jose Conteras on Sunday pitches against AJ Burnett, who has a whopping 2-5 record and a 4.84 ERA. Tomorrow, Javier Vazquez, a man who earned himself a >$10 million contract a few years ago, faces a man with an ERA of 10.80.

If we don't take 2 of 3, with the Jays falling apart...then we don't deserve to make a run at the wild card. It's difficult to set up a broom day better than this.

If we can see a good game from Vazquez today I am betting we can do the 3 game sweep. I'll be watching on WGN today and I'll be holding the whisk brrom my wife makes me clean the house with. I think its good for a 2 game win streak and if she gives me the mop for Sunday I'll be ready to mop up those Jays. :D