My crazy ass 27 hour period

whitesoxfan101

So I had Sox tickets for last night, but it turns out I promised I'd also drive my parents to the airport and bring the car back home this morning. Now they (wisely) always like to fly out early, but with the new security measures, getting to the airport 2 hours early for their 7:30 flight meant 5:30, so here's the timeline (if anybody cares, lol)

5:00 last night: leave for Sox game

5:45 last night: got to game

9:45 last night: game ends (fortunately it was a somewhat short game and easy win)

11:00 last night: get home

11:30 last night: fall asleep

4:30 this morning: wake up and take fast shower to wake myself up

4:45 this morning: leave house

5:30: arrive at O'Hare and drop parents off

6:15: stop at finer Aurora McDonalds for 3 sausage biscuits and coffee (and I hate coffee normally)

6:30: after eating, get home and go back to sleep

11:05: wake back up

Now THAT is a White Sox fan :D :huh: Oh, and after further review, I see it was only 25.5 hours, but whatever, lol.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
I'm sorry. Am I missing something? You slept until 11:00 and got a total of about 9 hours of sleep and I should feel sorry for you?

I must be getting old.

Haha of course not!! However I was hurting on the drive home from the airport. Nobody should ever feel sorry for my sorry ass, however I just thought that 24 hour plus change timeperiod was pretty crazy.

Oh, and :lol: :lol: at the period joke.

One crazy ass 3-day period (circa 1996):

4:30 am: leave downtown Chicago for St. Charles

6:00 am: Call time

8:00 am: Shoot begins

6:00 pm: Shoot ends and set up for next day begins...

2:00 am: Head back to Chicago

4:30 am: Leave Chicago for St. Charles

etc., etc. for three days.

Now THAT is a crazy ass couple of days. and I was working...you at least got to go to a Sox game and get some sleep.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
One crazy ass 3-day period (circa 1996):

4:30 am: leave downtown Chicago for St. Charles

6:00 am: Call time

8:00 am: Shoot begins

6:00 pm: Shoot ends and set up for next day begins...

2:00 am: Head back to Chicago

4:30 am: Leave Chicago for St. Charles

etc., etc. for three days.

Now THAT is a crazy ass couple of days. and I was working...you at least got to go to a Sox game and get some sleep.

Yeah, I've had a couple 27 hour periods where I didn't sleep at all, but those were aided in my days of over enjoying liquid courage. :ph34r:

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry. Am I missing something? You slept until 11:00 and got a total of about 9 hours of sleep and I should feel sorry for you?

I must be getting old.

Yeah, how about it. I'm 22 and that's nothing.

I went to Tuesday's Yankees game. Due to it being in extras, and I-55 going from 3 lanes to 1 TWICE, I didn't get home until 1 AM. Went to bed around 1:45 AM. Woke up at 5:15 AM. Got out of bed at 6 AM. Arrived at work around 7:30 AM (about 50 minute drive.) worked until 4 PM, went to second Job back home and started at 5 PM and finished until 10 PM.

So that's 13.5 hours of work on 3.5 hours of rest.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
seems like an 18 hour period to me.

Unless he got his AM and PM messed up, it is only 18 hours. Doesn't exactly seem like a big deal does it?

I routinely get 5-6 hours of sleep a night then have to drive an hour to get to work. I don't get that go back home and sleep for another 4.5 hours...

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
So I had Sox tickets for last night, but it turns out I promised I'd also drive my parents to the airport and bring the car back home this morning. Now they (wisely) always like to fly out early, but with the new security measures, getting to the airport 2 hours early for their 7:30 flight meant 5:30, so here's the timeline (if anybody cares, lol)

5:00 last night: leave for Sox game

5:45 last night: got to game

9:45 last night: game ends (fortunately it was a somewhat short game and easy win)

11:00 last night: get home

11:30 last night: fall asleep

4:30 this morning: wake up and take fast shower to wake myself up

4:45 this morning: leave house

5:30: arrive at O'Hare and drop parents off

6:15: stop at finer Aurora McDonalds for 3 sausage biscuits and coffee (and I hate coffee normally)

6:30: after eating, get home and go back to sleep

11:05: wake back up

Now THAT is a White Sox fan :D :huh: Oh, and after further review, I see it was only 25.5 hours, but whatever, lol.

That was easy, try my last week. Double shifting, only got to sleep 3 hours a day from monday to thursday...friday I called off and went to the game.