KR going after Colon?

Jjav829

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok how about guys like mike cameron,roberto hernandez, ray durham, robin ventura, alex fernandez, ozzie guillen, greg norton, mckay christensen, chad bradford,bobby bonnilla,jack mcdowell, la mar hoyt, and im sure i can come up with more these are just off the top of my head... all of the above were our home grown guys who went on to be better elsewhere or were just as good when they left here.....and i tried to keep it to guys you would have recalled .....you may be adding frank thomas to that list soon too..........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

ok how about guys like  mike cameron,roberto hernandez, ray durham, robin ventura, alex fernandez, ozzie guillen, greg norton, mckay christensen, chad bradford,bobby bonnilla,jack mcdowell, la mar hoyt, and im sure i can come up with more these are just off the top of my head... all of the above were our  home grown guys who went on to be better elsewhere or were just as good when they left here.....and i tried to keep it to guys you would have recalled .....you may be adding frank thomas to that list soon too..........

Well if you ask me Guillens career was over when he left the Sox as was Jack Mcdowell's. He never amounted to much anything after he left. Neither did Alex Fernandez(Injuries) or Wilson Alvarez. Ventura did end having a few more good years, and I can't even say what will happen with Ray Durham. Christensen is still in the minors for the Dodgers while Bradford started out good, but we wouldn't have Olivo without him. And with Cameron we wouldn't have Konerko. I'd say we got the best of the Konerko deal and the jury is still out on the Olivo deal.

Guest hotsoxchick1

theres just no pleasing you is there.... you all go on and believe everything that comes out of kenny williams mouth if you wish... i for one am tired of the bulls*** though..... now answer me this.. just exactly how many years of rebuilding does it take to win something????? im sick of waiting i want it all now...........

I'm just saying, what did Mckay do that was so great?

What did Fernandez do that was so great after he injured himself.

I mean Blackjack flicked the fans off in New York and he never amounted to a hill of beans after he left.

Ya, we've lost guys, but they haven't went on to have MVP seasons or all of a sudden turn into studs.

We haven't had Pedro Martinez trades like the Dodgers did. We haven't let someone like Greg Maddux leave at his prime, but if Buerhle goes, then I would compare it to that.

Guest hotsoxchick1

mckay still has time... as for jack he had a good year in new york despite flipping the fans off.....as for the rest of them they were still good or better after leaving... oh and i didnt want to bring up this little ditty because he wasnt one of our home grown but, that asshole on the north side did his time here and look at where he is now... of course he hasnt won a ring but hes still a star in his mind.........lol..........

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Thats right, I forgot about Sammy.  He's the one guy we gave up that really turned into a superstar.

Though Sammy may be a superstar, he is not a winner, and winning is the most important thing in all of sports. If you aren't ever on a winning team, then you are never given the respect you deserve. Who do you hear more about, Joe Carter or Ernie Banks?

I love you soxchick but you said

"face it we are the farm system for all of mlb"

No, the Royals located 45 miles from me, are the farm system of MLB.

The Sox are close, but not the Royals quite yet.

I share your passion of wanting KW gone, however.

Guest hotsoxchick1

tell me the last thing that was half way decient that came out of kc and went on to being bigger and brighter than what we have home grown here and sent on their merry ways.................lol.......greg you are a good guy and i love ya dearly but face facts.... we grow them, feed them, care for them, and when they get too big for our britches we send them packing........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

kw also said time and time again he wants to put a winning team on the field..... well its been two years now where is it????

HSC, I hate to get technical with you, but the facts are right there in front of everybody's face. As GM of the White Sox, KW has a record of 164-160, which is an average of 82-80 in two seasons. He does have a winning record as a major league GM...barely. ;)