Monday nite 6-16 game thread

southsider2k5

I cheer for MB, a lot, a whole lot.

Am I a loser?

I guess we probably all are then... I don't care who the player is, even if I think he is a complete asshole, I still want to see him succeed, because it helps the Sox; which is the MOST important thing. NO ONE PLAYER is more important than the team, no matter what some players think...

I root for the Sox too. Which is why I want MB gone. I cant root for MB so I want him to leave. Then Ill be able to root against him... :headbang

Did MB spit on your burger or something? Did he f*** your girlfriend or your mom or something or what?

MB is a low ego starter who is having a rough year. If you have a problem with that, then just keep it to yourself. We all know he's having a rough year.

And for christ's sake, be f***ing happy! We just beat one of the best teams in the AL, and we did not lose to one of the best pitchers in baseball(being Pedro). Can you not show some happiness?

I'll go as far as saying Buehrle has 6 wins by the break and he has 16 wins by the end of the year.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I root for the Sox too. Which is why I want MB gone.

Psycho, check up how many pitchers won as many for the Sox in 2 seasons as MB did in in 2001-02 with some lousy playing Sox teams. He's had a rough stretch. And he hasn't even been all that bad in that rough stretch. MB is the man and how many struggling pitchers can go out and beat Pedro Martinez?

Well, he didn't beat Pedro Martinez. The Sox lucked out in a lot of ways, as they caught Pedro coming off an injury and on a low pitch count.

But, he DID shut down a very good offensive team, and gave the Sox a much-needed victory.

:cheers Mark!

3 wins for Mark! Yay!

What a loser! :lol:

Frank Thomas, 0-for-4, 2 K's!

What a loser!

You little punk. Frank Thomas .275 BA, 16 homeruns and 35 RBIs. MB 3-10 with a 4.85 ERA. And Franks a loser? :lol:

And the funny thing is that as bad as Buehrle has been none of his teammates have ever needed to call him out to get him going again...

3 wins for Mark! Yay!

What a loser!

You little punk. Frank Thomas .275 BA, 16 homeruns and 35 RBIs. MB 3-10 with a 4.85 ERA. And Franks a loser? :lol:

Check last year

Frank Thomas - .259 average, 28 homers, 92 RBI, 110 or so K's, 80 BB's.....very bad numbers for Frank, and this isn't mentioning how he had numbers over about .230 10 35 at this time last year.

Mark Buehrle - 19-12 with an ERA of about 3.60, and he would have won 20, had it not been for Bobby Kielty

If we did not have Buehrle, we would be in a rebuilding mode right now, and we wouldn't even have Thomas anymore. We probably wouldn't have Valentin, Konerko, Lee, Maggs, Koch, Gordon, Wunsch, and several others. We wouldn't even be within striking distance of Minnesota, because we'd be somewhere between Cleveland and Detroit.

You have to thank Buehrle for even having Thomas.

3 wins for Mark! Yay!

What a loser!

Check last year

Frank Thomas - .259 average, 28 homers, 92 RBI, 110 or so K's, 80 BB's.....very bad numbers for Frank, and this isn't mentioning how he had numbers over about .230 10 35 at this time last year.

Mark Buehrle - 19-12 with an ERA of about 3.60, and he would have won 20, had it not been for Bobby Kielty

If we did not have Buehrle, we would be in a rebuilding mode right now, and we wouldn't even have Thomas anymore. We probably wouldn't have Valentin, Konerko, Lee, Maggs, Koch, Gordon, Wunsch, and several others. We wouldn't even be within striking distance of Minnesota, because we'd be somewhere between Cleveland and Detroit.

Ugh.

Saying that MB is responsible for Frank being here is just laughable. Frank is still a member of the Sox because of Jerry Reinsdorf, nobody else.

And it's a STRETCH to say all of those players you mentioned may not be here if it wasn't for MB.

And finally, don't compare Frank, a future HOF'er, to MB until Mark has had 7 consecutive dominant seasons (just like Frank had at the start of his career), OK?

I dont care if he beat Bob Gibson, or whoever is your greatest pitcher or alltime, he still stinks. The Sox lucked out in many ways, MB didnt beat Pedro. The Sox offense did!

The White Sox offense didn't beat Pedro, either. We beat Ryan Rupe (LOL).

Like I said, we lucked out tonight. Anyone who saw the game knows that we would have been done had Pedro been able to pitch 7-8 innings like he normally does. BUT, we still shut down a very good offensive team, and held a lead to get a huge victory to open up this 4-game series.

3 wins for Mark! Yay!

What a loser!

Check last year

Ugh.

Saying that MB is responsible for Frank being here is just laughable. Frank is still a member of the Sox because of Jerry Reinsdorf, nobody else.

And it's a STRETCH to say all of those players you mentioned may not be here if it wasn't for MB.

And finally, don't compare Frank, a future HOF'er, to MB until Mark has had 7 consecutive dominant seasons (just like Frank had at the start of his career), OK?

You know what, I find this pointless.

In you backing a person whose opinion is obviously being very unfair and misguided by MB's start, I would put this post in that same category. Roman/Psycho has unfairly put Buehrle in the suck category. MB had a few rough starts in April, but has had some quality starts since then. He's just been a victim of bad luck.

Also....will you let me compare Magglio Ordonez to Frank Thomas, or not? How about Carlos Lee? Carlos Delgado? Jason Giambi? Adam Dunn? Albert Pujols? NONE of those guys put up 7 great years of baseball like Frank Thomas did to start his career, though some may. How do you know that MB won't do the same?

My point exactly.

I dont care if he beat Bob Gibson, or whoever is your greatest pitcher or alltime, he still stinks. The Sox lucked out in many ways, MB didnt beat Pedro. The Sox offense did!

So what you are telling me is that no Sox pitcher has won a game, it has been the Sox offense that has won every game so far this year?

You both are really starting to f***ing piss me off.

CAN YOU NOT JUST ADMIT THAT MARK PITCHED A GREAT GAME AGAINST A GREAT TEAM AND GET OVER YOUR STUPIDASS LITTLE FACT THAT WE GOT "LUCKY" OR THAT "THE SOX OFFENSE WON THE GAME"?

Thank you

Guest hotsoxchick1
So what you are telling me is that no Sox pitcher has won a game, it has been the Sox offense that has won every game so far this year?

CAN YOU NOT JUST ADMIT THAT MARK PITCHED A GREAT GAME AGAINST A GREAT TEAM AND GET OVER YOUR STUPIDASS LITTLE FACT THAT WE GOT "LUCKY" OR THAT "THE SOX OFFENSE WON THE GAME"? 

Thank you

lol just enjoy the fact that mark got a win and we got a win.....kc is currently beating minny or already has so its a good nite all around.. dont let the windsock f*** that up for ya........ ;)

Thank you

lol just enjoy the fact that mark got a win and we got a win.....kc is currently beating minny or already has so its a good nite all around.. dont let the windsock f*** that up for ya........ ;)

The Twins are trying to rally back.

8-5, and as of right now, 2 on, 2 outs, Morneau up.

Stay tuned...

You know what, I find this pointless.

In you backing a person whose opinion is obviously being very unfair and misguided by MB's start, I would put this post in that same category.  Roman/Psycho has unfairly put Buehrle in the suck category.  MB had a few rough starts in April, but has had some quality starts since then.  He's just been a victim of bad luck.

Also....will you let me compare Magglio Ordonez to Frank Thomas, or not?  How about Carlos Lee? Carlos Delgado?  Jason Giambi?  Adam Dunn?  Albert Pujols?  NONE of those guys put up 7 great years of baseball like Frank Thomas did to start his career, though some may.  How do you know that MB won't do the same? 

My point exactly.

In no way am I "backing" theoldroman. I think his comments are absurd and ridiculous, and as far as I'm concerned, he's not a Sox fan. He's just a Frank Thomas fan, which is fine, but just admit it is all I'm saying.

And you're right, the guys you mentioned haven't had 7 dominant seasons like Frank did in the 1990's. But, when someone starts comparing a 4th year pitcher who had 2 good seasons (good, not great) to a guy who put up some ungodly numbers (a guy who also happens to be my favorite athlete), I'm going to speak up. Not "backing" Roman -- just backing up fact.

And you're right, I DON'T know if Mark will or will not put up 7 dominant seasons. Chances are he won't, but of course anything can happen. Fact is that Frank DID do it.

Thank you

By "both", if you're including me, you need to learn how to f***ing read dude.

The White Sox offense didn't beat Pedro, either. We beat Ryan Rupe (LOL).

Like I said, we lucked out tonight. Anyone who saw the game knows that we would have been done had Pedro been able to pitch 7-8 innings like he normally does. BUT, we still shut down a very good offensive team, and held a lead to get a huge victory to open up this 4-game series.

Thank you.

Guest hotsoxchick1

kinda hard to compare dominate seasons when they do completely different things isnt it?????? or at least a bit unfair or one sided........

kinda hard to compare dominate seasons when they do completely different things isnt it?????? or at least a bit unfair  or one sided........

Yes, it is tough. It's sorta like comparing apples and oranges.

But, there's a general way to do it. Namely, MVP's and Cy Youngs. To me, MVP's are worth more since it takes a lot more players into consideration (position players AND pitchers), but for the sake of this "argument" I'll consider them equal.

Frank won MVP's in 1993 and 1994, his 3rd and 4th full seasons, respectively. MB is in his 3rd full season, and I don't think he's going to be winning a Cy Young based on what he's done so far.

Bottom line, though, is that the Sox need BOTH of these guys to perform well if they hope to win anything this season.

Can we drop it now everyone?

and the play by the lazy asshole bites the Sox. Boston leads 1-0.

I'm sick of seeing lazy ass baseball from Jimenez.

CWSOX45

You'd think for a guy that had just been benched for a couple of games he would wake the f*** up. I say start Harris at 2nd and Rowand in CF, at least those guys will hustle.

This is my feelings too. The guy gives an interview, which in my opinion sounded just like he was admitting he didn't play with intensity. He just seemed to think he could go out and play uninspired baseball and get away with it. I would like to see Harris at 2B also. That's his normal position and I think Rowand in CF would be better. DJ is either going to wake up and realize that he has to give it his all with intensity at this level or sit. I am tired of his errors, his failure to turn the DP and his base runnings mistakes.

Nobody was higher on Jim-Jim than me, but I must say I like him less and less with each passing day.

Simply put, as his OPS dips below 800 and his pitches taken/ab ratio dips below 4, his value to this team goes down SIGNIFICANTLY, geometrical progression-like.

He can't field, can't run and not a positive force in already disease-terous clubhouse. Unless he starts hitting, might as well platoon him with Willie Vanillie.