We can't have BMac pitching key situations on the road

sin city sox fan

I'm not sure why he struggles so much away from the Cell....but these splits are pretty drastic.

SPLIT ERA W L Sv SvO G GS IP H R ER HR BB SO BAA

Home 2.93 3 3 0 0 24 0 43.0 30 14 14 7 14 32 .197

Away 5.83 0 2 0 1 22 1 29.1 32 19 19 5 13 21 .281

Opponents are batting almost 100 points better on the road and the ERA is almost 3 runs higher!

I have extreme confidence when he takes the mound at home....but in a tight game on the road, he needs to stay on the bench in the bullpen.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
lol, I love the overreactors on ST

It's not even an overreaction, I've been one of the "BMac for starter" backers for awhile, it just seems lately that he can't get anything right...ala Cotts. Who says a start would allow him to be better?

Bullpen has been a huge dissapointment.

I can't really blame the Oz for using B-Mac. The two guys you put in the highest leverage situations were used in MacDougal and Jenks.

Cotts has been terrible and he like the HR this year too. Riske has just been so-so. Don't like the idea of Logan or Haeger either.

But what can you do. Tough loss, need to bounce back tommorrow.

What's most dissapointing is that we could not hit Tavarez at all.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
It's not even an overreaction, I've been one of the "BMac for starter" backers for awhile, it just seems lately that he can't get anything right...ala Cotts. Who says a start would allow him to be better?

It is an overreaction. You said that you wouldn't spot start him in a AAA game, meaning you think that he isn't good enough to start a AAA game. If you HONESTLY think thats true, then I feel sorry for you.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
It is an overreaction. You said that you wouldn't spot start him in a AAA game, meaning you think that he isn't good enough to start a AAA game. If you HONESTLY think thats true, then I feel sorry for you.

oh well then, if you can't see that somethings up with this man...then obviously we havent been watching the same Mccarthy

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
oh well then, if you can't see that somethings up with this man...then obviously we havent been watching the same Mccarthy

Thats not the point. The point is that pitching in the MLB and pitching in AAA is COMPLETELY different, and saying that you wouldn't trust him in a AAA game is rather silly, even if he's struggling as of late. I guarentee you that if he were to pitch in a AAA game, he'd dominate.