What was with the Sean Tracey hate?

BearSox

Yes, he was having control problems, but Boone Logan couldn't throw a strike either, and McCarthy threw straight fastballs right down the middle as his strikes. Why put all the blame on Tracey? I don't think he even gave up an earned run. He's got good stuff and potential, and had a shakey outing. Now everyone wants him gone? give me a break. If you want to blame someone for this game, blame the offense.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
Yes, he was having control problems, but Boone Logan couldn't throw a strike either, and McCarthy threw straight fastballs right down the middle as his strikes. Why put all the blame on Tracey? I don't think he even gave up an earned run. He's got good stuff and potential, and had a shakey outing. Now everyone wants him gone? give me a break. If you want to blame someone for this game, blame the offense.

White Sox fans like to jump to conclusions, and they also tend to flock together. If one does, they all do. Pretty sad.

I like what Tracey brings. I doubt he pitches another inning with the Sox all year, unless they're eliminated.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
White Sox fans like to jump to conclusions, and they also tend to flock together. If one does, they all do. Pretty sad.

I like what Tracey brings. I doubt he pitches another inning with the Sox all year, unless they're eliminated.

What, in your opinion, does Tracey bring that any average AAA reliever couldn't also bring?

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
What, in your opinion, does Tracey bring that any average AAA reliever couldn't also bring?

Not a ton. Good stuff, funny looking delivery...he can be effective. He'll never be a closer, but JFC, give the guy a chance. Let him throw in some situations where he'll be comfortable, instead of a high pressure situation where he is where one mistake kills him.

My turn. What, in your opinion, has Sean Tracey done to deserve any of the amount of flack he receives? He's pitched like 4 innings, got ripped apart and thrown under the bus by Ozzie for not hitting Blalock, and gave up a run in the 9th inning in a game he should not have sniffed on a day the offense took a s***. Don't blame Tracey, don't take any of this s*** out on Tracey, take it out on Ozzie. Tracey didn't meander his way on to the field, randomly find the pitcher's mound, and just start pitching...someone brought him into a game he should not have pitched in.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Not a ton. Good stuff, funny looking delivery...he can be effective. He'll never be a closer, but JFC, give the guy a chance. Let him throw in some situations where he'll be comfortable, instead of a high pressure situation where he is where one mistake kills him.

My turn. What, in your opinion, has Sean Tracey done to deserve any of the amount of flack he receives? He's pitched like 4 innings, got ripped apart and thrown under the bus by Ozzie for not hitting Blalock, and gave up a run in the 9th inning in a game he should not have sniffed on a day the offense took a s***. Don't blame Tracey, don't take any of this s*** out on Tracey, take it out on Ozzie. Tracey didn't meander his way on to the field, randomly find the pitcher's mound, and just start pitching...someone brought him into a game he should not have pitched in.

I haven't ripped Sean Tracey, he is what he is.....a mediocre minor league pitcher. However, if someone else wants to take the time to bash him, I certainly won't jump to his defense.

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
I haven't ripped Sean Tracey, he is what he is.....a mediocre minor league pitcher. However, if someone else wants to take the time to bash him, I certainly won't jump to his defense.

I'm largely just sick of people on this board jumping to conclusions for every player the Sox put in there. Give the kid a chance. Don't frickin destroy him because of one game in September.

Compare Juan Rincon and Sean Tracey. Better yet, compare Scot Shields and Sean Tracey. People here have been willing to give up like top quality, blue chip prospects for Scot Shields because he is so good.

Shields

2000(AAA) - 5.41 ERA 1.47 WHIP 158 H 114 R 98 ER 16 HR 82 BB 156 K in 163 IP

2001(AAA) - 4.97 ERA 1.25 WHIP 141 H 84 R 76 ER 24 HR 31 BB 104 K in 137.2 IP

Tracey

2005(AA) - 4.07 ERA 1.41 WHIP 154 H 80 R 74 ER 13 HR 76 BB 106 K in 163.2

2006(AAA) - 4.30 ERA 1.44 WHIP 111 H 67 R 62 ER 17 HR 76 BB 102 K in 129.2 IP

...just sayin'

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
I'm largely just sick of people on this board jumping to conclusions for every player the Sox put in there. Give the kid a chance. Don't frickin destroy him because of one game in September.

I would say that the patience of Sox fans with young prospects is shorter when the team is in the middle of a pennant race. And rightfully so.

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
I would say that the patience of Sox fans with young prospects is shorter when the team is in the middle of a pennant race. And rightfully so.

And who is to blame for putting the prospects in the game? Sure as hell not them.

Ozzie should know better. He apparently doesn't.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)

Compare Juan Rincon and Sean Tracey. Better yet, compare Scot Shields and Sean Tracey. People here have been willing to give up like top quality, blue chip prospects for Scot Shields because he is so good.

Shields

2000(AAA) - 5.41 ERA 1.47 WHIP 158 H 114 R 98 ER 16 HR 82 BB 156 K in 163 IP

2001(AAA) - 4.97 ERA 1.25 WHIP 141 H 84 R 76 ER 24 HR 31 BB 104 K in 137.2 IP

Tracey

2005(AA) - 4.07 ERA 1.41 WHIP 154 H 80 R 74 ER 13 HR 76 BB 106 K in 163.2

2006(AAA) - 4.30 ERA 1.44 WHIP 111 H 67 R 62 ER 17 HR 76 BB 102 K in 129.2 IP

...just sayin'

Just watching the guys you can see the difference. I mean, who taught Tracey those f-ed up mechanics?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 11:35 AM)
Just watching the guys you can see the difference. I mean, who taught Tracey those f-ed up mechanics?

Who taught Ben Weber how to throw like a douchebag? Regardless of who, it worked for a period of time.

It doesn't matter sometimes. I'm sure he'll be an effective reliever at some point in his career...I just don't think there's any chance it will be with the White Sox at this point.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
Who taught Ben Weber how to throw like a douchebag? Regardless of who, it worked for a period of time.

It doesn't matter sometimes. I'm sure he'll be an effective reliever at some point in his career...I just don't think there's any chance it will be with the White Sox at this point.

The question is with which team's Triple-A affiliate?