Ozzie pencilling in Small Ball

DBAHO

We just need guys who could get on base. Speed is overrated, especially if you can't get on base. Podsednik was great last year because he got on base at a fairly decent clip, and when he did, he was a lock to be in scoring position. Now he sucks at getting on base and when he does get on, half the time he's getting thrown out.

I just want to see this team as a whole have a higher OBP.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)
We just need guys who could get on base. Speed is overrated, especially if you can't get on base. Podsednik was great last year because he got on base at a fairly decent clip, and when he did, he was a lock to be in scoring position. Now he sucks at getting on base and when he does get on, half the time he's getting thrown out.

I just want to see this team as a whole have a higher OBP.

QFT.

Unfortunately, Ozzie values speed from a leadoff hitter more than OBP.

Get Pierre for left. He's Pods only a little better in all ways and isn't up and down from one year to the next. I wouldn't change anything else other than attitude and make Anderson into a great situational hitter at the bottom of the order. Our lineup will be fine.

The pitching is far and away the concern. Buehrle appears to suck, Contreras is older than dirt and sucks (in the second half at least), Vazquez makes 10 million and is average. Garland is the only stud left right now, and everyone dogs Garcia, but he just wins and he was the one who showed up the most in September.