Official NHL Thread

QUOTE(Dan @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:26 PM)
they are putting nobody in the seats and ticket prices are outrageous for hockey that bad.

They got a new owner in February. I would hardly call 8/12/16/20(club)/25(glass) outrageous. I'd love to know where you get that from. 8 is behind the net, first level. They've also had 2 for 1 deals, kids $1 tickets, etc.

Playoff tickets for the first round? 6 bucks everywhere but club and glass.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
That was great Dan, but not as funny as the little kid in your sig. I have been laughing for 5 min.

Check this out.

Interesting video, but I have to admit that I got distracted by the great song they chose to accompany it.

Excellent Ramones cover of a really good Tom Waits song. NICE!

I got to see my first playoff hockey game tonight at the Honda Center and the atmosphere was really good and both teams came out sharp and intense for the first period and a half and than it seemed like there energies died and they started playing a real passive game as they just tried not to make mistakes.

The Wild played good and there goalie came up huge, too bad he got checked by his own defense man with the end result being the game winning goal by the Ducks.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 01:11 AM)
I got to see my first playoff hockey game tonight at the Honda Center and the atmosphere was really good and both teams came out sharp and intense for the first period and a half and than it seemed like there energies died and they started playing a real passive game as they just tried not to make mistakes.

The Wild played good and there goalie came up huge, too bad he got checked by his own defense man with the end result being the game winning goal by the Ducks.

That first sentence is one hell of a run on... :P

I saw some of that game, but it conflicted with SJ/Nash OT for a while and then I was watching both that and the Van/Dal game. Both teams looked pretty solid, I think that can be an interesting series if Minnesota can score some goals. It really would have helped em to take game one.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwK9XoXRtGk[/YOUTUBE] :hawk:

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
They got a new owner in February. I would hardly call 8/12/16/20(club)/25(glass) outrageous. I'd love to know where you get that from. 8 is behind the net, first level. They've also had 2 for 1 deals, kids $1 tickets, etc.

Playoff tickets for the first round? 6 bucks everywhere but club and glass.

I sat off the glass at a Wolves game this season against the Moose for 14 bucks.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 12:13 PM)
Glass seats at a Wolves game are $48 on day of game.

they were about 7 rows up not directly on the glass. i hate sitting there, you have to presss your head on da glass just to see the opposite end of the ice. these seats are far better IMO and way cheaper. anyways the wolves simply put on a better show.

Marty Turco had a huge SO win tonight.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
Pens/Sens game 2 most entertaining game of the playoffs so far. Crosby gets the game winner, Pens win 4-3. Fleury was remarkable late.

I agree, that series has been really great so far, and they turn right around and play in Pittsburgh tonight.

That third period was a joy to watch.

Physical, high-speed hockey with great scoring chances for both teams.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
Islanders fans throwing trash on the ice after a late penalty call, brilliant idea you classless aholes

Not that I agree with throwing stuff on the ice (I don't at all), but from what a couple articles said on yahoo, the Islanders were screwed a couple times in that game.

In any sense...

GO SENS!!!

A few calls, especially the one at the end that caused them to throw stuff, were poor. However, that's unacceptable regardless of anything that has happened during the game. It wasn't just like one beer cup either, there was plenty of stuff on the ice.

The Flames are who we thought they were.

Lousy on the road, great at home.

Series is now tied 2-2.

The Penguins are ousted by Ottawa.

And in non-playoff news............the Blackhawks re-upped with Patrick Lalime. 1-year deal, financial terms not announced. Good move, Lalime's a solid goalie.

Dallas finally wins an OT game, and they are back home where they hopefully snap another losing streak (home playoff losses in a row).

If it gets to a game 7, it's anyone's game - these two teams are MAGNIFICENT defensive teams.