22 years ago

As far as sports memories go, Flutie throwing the hail mary to Phelan to beat Miami is one of the greatest sports plays I've ever watched live. I really can't even think of anything that ranks with it (Sox WS victory aside). I guess the '80 Olympic win over the Soviets would be greater, but that wasn't live.

Every once in a while you can see this game on ESPN classic, and it's a great one to watch. 22 years ago. Man, I'm getting old.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
As far as sports memories go, Flutie throwing the hail mary to Phelan to beat Miami is one of the greatest sports plays I've ever watched live. I really can't even think of anything that ranks with it (Sox WS victory aside). I guess the '80 Olympic win over the Soviets would be greater, but that wasn't live.

Every once in a while you can see this game on ESPN classic, and it's a great one to watch. 22 years ago. Man, I'm getting old.

The game in '94 between Colorado and Michigan and the Hail Mary from Kordell Stewart to Michael Westbrook. The Miracle at Michigan. That was awesome...but on TV.

But for me, that I saw live, was 4 roof shots in one weekend. Kittle and Luzinski for the Sox, Ruppert Jones for the Tigers...wait, that's only 3, you say? Well, there was a Team USA exhibition before the first game and a certain Mark McGwire smacked one over the roof.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)

Can't leave out Cal-Stanford

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
Can't leave out Cal-Stanford

Unbelievable, but I didn't actually see that live. I did forget the Kirk Gibson homer against the A's. I love the video because you see all the brake lights of the cars that were leaving the stadium early to beat traffic. I'll bet those people leave that part out when they tell people they were at that game.

Edited by Middle Buffalo