SoxTalk Election Endorsement Thread

NorthSideSox72

Here is the place to post your endorsements of any specific candidate.

Remember that when it comes time to vote, you can vote for anyone other than yourself. This is mostly a thread for the non-candidates to post, but if you want to endorse yourself, I suppose you can do that here, if you'd like.

The candidates are:

Texsox

Sox4LifePA

GregoryPratt

RexKick***

NorthSideSox72

:)

Thank you, Slavko.

However, I highly suggest that my supporters not endorse me publicly. I know quite a few of you and I have discussed the matter, but I don't believe in public endorsements.

Should've said it earlier. I just prefer my support to be secret.

"I want to be invisible. I do guerrilla warfare. I paint my face and travel at night. You don't know it's over until you're in a body bag."

After reviewing the platforms several times, I am suprised at the many places I agree in part or whole with the lot of you. Especially Rex. However, in the areas I disagree, there is a wide gap. And I disagree with the whole group of you on rebuilding NO. Not going to get into thathere, justI don't think the government should be doing it. At the moment I am torm between Tex and Northside.If I can come up with something to differentiate between you two for me, I'llbe sure to let you know. If only our real elections were this 'clean', eh?

EM: I agree with you in that I don't think that the government shouldn't be involved in rebuilding the city beyond reestablishing the infrastructure that a city is supposed to provide.

I do think that there should definitely be efforts on the local level that should keep the working class who made NO their home before the storm, in NO should they choose to stay/return.

Write in, baby! :headbang

Who cares about this stupid election? We all know it doesn't matter who gets elected president of Soxtalk. Do you really think it's going to change anything around here; make one single person smarter or happier or nicer? The only person it does matter to is the one who gets elected. The same pathetic charade happens every year, and everyone makes the same pathetic promises just so they can put it on their resume to become a mod. So vote for me, because I don't even want to go to college, and I don't care, and as president I won't do anything. The only promise I will make is that if elected I will immediately dismantle the Soxtalk government, so that none of us will ever have to sit through one of these stupid threads again! Or don't vote for me... who cares? Don't vote at all!

I totally wrote that myself. :P

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 03:24 AM)

Who cares about this stupid election? We all know it doesn't matter who gets elected president of Soxtalk. Do you really think it's going to change anything around here; make one single person smarter or happier or nicer? The only person it does matter to is the one who gets elected. The same pathetic charade happens every year, and everyone makes the same pathetic promises just so they can put it on their resume to become a mod. So vote for me, because I don't even want to go to college, and I don't care, and as president I won't do anything. The only promise I will make is that if elected I will immediately dismantle the Soxtalk government, so that none of us will ever have to sit through one of these stupid threads again! Or don't vote for me... who cares? Don't vote at all!

as President of Soxtalk, I will have this man killed..... :D

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 02:24 AM)

:P :P :P

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
After reviewing the platforms several times, I am suprised at the many places I agree in part or whole with the lot of you. Especially Rex. However, in the areas I disagree, there is a wide gap. And I disagree with the whole group of you on rebuilding NO. Not going to get into thathere, justI don't think the government should be doing it. At the moment I am torm between Tex and Northside.If I can come up with something to differentiate between you two for me, I'llbe sure to let you know. If only our real elections were this 'clean', eh?

It's all about marketing in the real world. Of course there are fundamental differences between the parties but there is far more natural overlap but it gets artificially beaten out by party politics. The best analogy is Coke and Pepsi. They use basically the same ingredients, in basically the same amounts, and then try to make it seem like they are totally different drinks.

With politics in this country, and I find it amusing that tics are in the word, :D we start with an almost universal truth. Most humans want security, physical and financial. They want this for themselves and future generations. The difference really come in on how that is accomplished. For some, following a religious doctrine is important, others is a strong military. For me, I see financial as being the biggest worry. We have stopped thinking in terms of paying taxes to run the country and now think in terms of not paying taxes to stimulate the economy. The thinking is if we can just owe China and the rest of the world enough money, we will grow the economy and pay them back, plus interest, and have all this cool stuff. It's a politicians wet dream. Let me give you all these cool programs and, best of all, someone else will pay for it later. Evil, I doubt you run your company this way, and it's a poor way to run the country. If we need a new social program, expanded Social Security, or to fight a war, come to the American public and tell them we are raising taxes to pay for it. Then we'll really discover what is and isn't important.

And back to your original comment, it would be this clean in the real world, if the elections were between two people, instead they are between two huge groups of people and in the process of creating a homogeneous message from those groups, and in creating campaign talking points, issues were divided up like cards in a Texas Hold 'Em Game.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 07:12 AM)

as President of Soxtalk, I will have this man killed.....

:D

Does this fit in with your "tasering of liberals" platform, and as a follow up, I am still waiting for an answer to the banning of ultimate frisbee and twinkee sales on college campuses.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 07:17 AM)
With politics in this country, and I find it amusing that tics are in the word, :D we start with an almost universal truth. Most humans want security, physical and financial. They want this for themselves and future generations. The difference really come in on how that is accomplished. For some, following a religious doctrine is important, others is a strong military. For me, I see financial as being the biggest worry. We have stopped thinking in terms of paying taxes to run the country and now think in terms of not paying taxes to stimulate the economy. The thinking is if we can just owe China and the rest of the world enough money, we will grow the economy and pay them back, plus interest, and have all this cool stuff. It's a politicians wet dream. Let me give you all these cool programs and, best of all, someone else will pay for it later. Evil, I doubt you run your company this way, and it's a poor way to run the country. If we need a new social program, expanded Social Security, or to fight a war, come to the American public and tell them we are raising taxes to pay for it. Then we'll really discover what is and isn't important.

In all seriousness, go to the library and check out some books by John Maynard Keynes and Milton Friedman.

Personally I would recommend these

The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money

And

Capitalism and Freedom

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
Does this fit in with your "tasering of liberals" platform, and as a follow up, I am still waiting for an answer to the banning of ultimate frisbee and twinkee sales on college campuses.

Hippies eat Entenmanns not twinkees...

When Madison starts dating, you'll wished you had voted for me.

A Vote for PA is a Vote against Hippies.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)

Well, EM, I suppose the politician thing to do here is to shower you with compliments, tell you all the reasons why I'm the best candidate, sling some mud at Tex, and make flowery promises I don't intend to keep.

Instead, I'll just say... enjoy the debates. I think you will know what Tex and I are both all about by the time they are done.

Thank you, though, for considering me. I hope you feel even more strongly about what we have in common, come election day!

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
I think I missed something. Is there a thread explaining why there's an election going on in the first place?

Check out the Official Soxtalk Election thread, pinned at the top of the forum, for details. Its just for fun, really. Its the offseason and we are all bored.