SOXTALK ELECTIONS

NorthSideSox72

Vote for President of Soxtalk Nation  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who shall be "President" of Soxtalk Nation?

• Gregory Pratt
    • NorthSideSox72
    • Rex Kicka***
    • sox4lifeinPA
    • Texsox

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
I'd really like to know why people are taking this so seriously. :huh:

why do people take so seriously whether or not Freddy Garcia is going to be traded to the Phillies for Aaron Rowand and some prospects?

it's a distraction and it's mildly amusing to us.

QUOTE(bmags @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
can we impeach you after we elect you?

We'd need to elect a house and a senate to pull that off.

No my friend, a recall election is where it's at.

Do we have any steroid-abusing Austrians who post here?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why do people take so seriously whether or not Freddy Garcia is going to be traded to the Phillies for Aaron Rowand and some prospects?

it's a distraction and it's mildly amusing to us.

Uhhh, because this is a WHITE SOX MESSAGE BOARD??? :huh

Who is "us?"

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you don't like it, then don't participate. :P

Have a nice day. :D

YES!

I was hoping for this response.

I wasn't interested, yet one of the hopefuls spammed me a PM asking me to vote for him or her. I got dragged into it, so I can have an opinion on it. :D

....and yes I voted for that particular canidate just because I didn't read any of the stances. :ph34r:

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
YES!

I was hoping for this response.

I wasn't interested, yet one of the hopefuls spammed me a PM asking me to vote for him or her. I got dragged into it, so I can have an opinion on it. :D

....and yes I voted for that particular canidate just because I didn't read any of the stances. :ph34r:

let me guess... either Northside or Gregory...

I wouldn't stoop that low :D

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Uhhh, because this is a WHITE SOX MESSAGE BOARD??? :huh

Who is "us?"

I love this argument. Since you didn't vote for me, I can afford to make fun of you.

Just so we're clear, you're saying that since this is a whitesox message board, no discussions outside of the whitesox should occur on this site? Furthermore no contests involving non-white sox subjects should take place? Because by the looks of it there seems to be a lot of people that talk about other baseball teams, not to mention other sports teams, on this site. Likewise, there are numerous contests on this site that have nothing to do with the white sox, not to mention they take place ON NON-SOXTALK websites. And the mere fact that there's a viable sub-discussion section completely dedicated to non-sports subjects makes me laugh at your assertion.

It's cool if you don't want to participate, and it's even ok that you didn't take any time to research the candidates and what they stand for, but think before you post.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
We'd need to elect a house and a senate to pull that off.

No my friend, a recall election is where it's at.

Do we have any steroid-abusing Austrians who post here?

RECALL!

i wonder if we have any crack smoking mayors in da house

barry.jpg

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
I love this argument. Since you didn't vote for me, I can afford to make fun of you.

Just so we're clear, you're saying that since this is a whitesox message board, no discussions outside of the whitesox should occur on this site? Furthermore no contests involving non-white sox subjects should take place? Because by the looks of it there seems to be a lot of people that talk about other baseball teams, not to mention other sports teams, on this site. Likewise, there are numerous contests on this site that have nothing to do with the white sox, not to mention they take place ON NON-SOXTALK websites. And the mere fact that there's a viable sub-discussion section completely dedicated to non-sports subjects makes me laugh at your assertion.

It's cool if you don't want to participate, and it's even ok that you didn't take any time to research the candidates and what they stand for, but think before you post.

I think Dorf was, as he said, looking for a specific reaction, so that he could make his point. We now all know what that point was. Although I didn't particularly like the method either.

This could be fun, actually. We have voting controversy to argue about!

So now that we know about one particular candidate's tactics, which by the way are not against any of the rules of the election that I can see... what does everyone think? Seems he was effective at least.

As I stated earlier, I was mostly interested if a platform that combined GOP and DEM ideals would have any traction. I wasn't motivated enough to make "lawn signs" or avatars and signatures, although I thought those were pretty cool. If GP is taking the time to PM people, more power to him. It shows the value of hard work in campaigns. Near as I can see, he did not respond too much on any one issue. There is a real lesson here. Just like our President is elected in 30 second sound bites, someone here can basically do the same thing and garner a lot of support.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
As I stated earlier, I was mostly interested if a platform that combined GOP and DEM ideals would have any traction. I wasn't motivated enough to make "lawn signs" or avatars and signatures, although I thought those were pretty cool. If GP is taking the time to PM people, more power to him. It shows the value of hard work in campaigns. Near as I can see, he did not respond too much on any one issue. There is a real lesson here. Just like our President is elected in 30 second sound bites, someone here can basically do the same thing and garner a lot of support.

Agreed.

But all that aside, voting doesn't close until tomorrow EOD, so, its not over yet. Rex has a pretty big lead, but its up in the air beyond that...

However, a fairly significant amount of my votes came before I'd PMed anyone and I was quite surprised at the level of support I'd had. I've added some votes through PMs, and am looking to gain more to be sure, but it isn't entirely on those grounds that I earned votes.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
I PMed some people, absolutely. Nothing wrong with asking people for their votes especially people that wouldn't have voted otherwise.

No problem at all. The politician willing to knock on the most doors, shake the most hands, and use the right methods (even if people find those methods off-putting), is often the one who will win. Issues be damned.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
We're going for realism right? My final campaign strategy: :D

Could you please capitalize Texan :D

For a brief moment I thought of starting a PM campaign and decided I won't. I don't like spam and I believe most people do not like spam.

I am glad PA, in a joking manner went negative, I am glad GP out hustled everyone, I wish that an openly Gay candidate could do this well in more places around the country than just cyber-elections. We have many vignettes here which made the process worthwhile.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
Could you please capitalize Texan :D

For a brief moment I thought of starting a PM campaign and decided I won't. I don't like spam and I believe most people do not like spam.

I am glad PA, in a joking manner went negative, I am glad GP out hustled everyone, I wish that an openly Gay candidate could do this well in more places around the country than just cyber-elections. We have many vignettes here which made the process worthwhile.

And as usual, no one likes the cops.

:crying

:P