$10M - what do you do with it?

sox-r-us

QUOTE(beautox @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 10:48 AM)
did that deal just happen?

well aparently that happened yesterday, while i was out bowling. 3yrs 16mil

Yeah not one of the better contracts from this off-season.

But he's old, so he makes sense for Brian Sabean.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that defiantly wasn't a good deal. Hall or Jose Molina should become available soon and hopefully on the cheap. Molina doesn't hit lhp well but he calls a good game and would make a good back up and Hall over the last 3 years against LHP has hit .297 so thats encouraging.

QUOTE(beautox @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah that defiantly wasn't a good deal. Hall or Jose Molina should become available soon and hopefully on the cheap. Molina doesn't hit lhp well but he calls a good game and would make a good back up and Hall over the last 3 years against LHP has hit .297 so thats encouraging.

Molina hit lefties well in 2005 and 2004, has a great arm.

Get him Kenny.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well I hope kenny can rise above such pettiness when he is trying to (hopefully) win every year and get this franchise in the spotlight for good.....yes Kenny has age issues, but he can give us 100 games in CF (platoon him with Anderson if required) and fixes our speed on the bases at lead off problem too. And he is pretty good at fielding still....and he played for us too, though I understand that is where the baggage with Kenny comes from.

I don't. I hate Lofton too. For the little bit of time he was here he was one of the most selfish ballplayers I have seen. I can't stand him. I remember when he was supposed to sacrafice bunt and he wouldn't. He kept trying to get the perfect bunt down and get a base hit out of it. He bunted/fouled out. That one play soured me on him forever. I never want to see him back in a White Sox uniform. EVER!

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
How about spending the money on paying Walt Hriniak to teach Brian Anderson and Juan Uribe how to hit like major leaguers in order to conpensate for the Double A pitching staff KW is plotting?

Seriously, a lot of people are going to wind up embarassed next June/July when a few of us start reaching back and bumping these threads. :D

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
Seriously, a lot of people are going to wind up embarassed next June/July when a few of us start reaching back and bumping these threads. :D

I hope you are right. It is not the pitching I worry about as much as the offense's ability to cover for Freddy's 6 run meltdown ... oh wait ... :P