Just 4 1/2 games out?

Bmr31

ARE you kidding this is the 1st time in 1+ month that I feel good about the White Stockings  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :lol:  :)  :D  ;)  :P  :rolleyes:  :headbang  :usa  ...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah actually its funny, but all of a sudden i feel fairly confident about our chances. You guys need to keep it going while i am away. ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah actually its funny, but all of a sudden i feel fairly confident about our chances.  You guys need to keep it going while i am away. ;)

we will, my friend, and you send your good vibe from Vegas up to TC and then home again - when do you come home?

we will, my friend, and you send your good vibe from Vegas up to TC and then home again - when do you come home?

Well i am back in texas friday night, but im not coming back to my town until saturday or sunday....

email me then when you return (or anytime) and let me know what I can do for you!

now you have a $afe and pro$perou$ trip to Vega$, ok?  :cheers

I will email you when i return. I hope to have a prosperous trip. I need something positive to happen. Most of all, I just want to have fun and relax. :headbang

email me then when you return (or anytime) and let me know what I can do for you!

I will email you when i return. I hope to have a prosperous trip. I need something positive to happen. Most of all, I just want to have fun and relax. :headbang

prayers for safe travel, re-creation and recreation, relaxation and fun, and all good times, will go with you

prayers for safe travel, re-creation and recreation, relaxation and fun, and all good times, will go with you

Thanks. I just emailed you, but i am not sure from what email address. :rolleyes:

A sweep tomorrow and 2 of 3 from the Twinkies in the s*** dome would be sweet.

Pitching matchups for the twinkie series are ELo vs Reed, Wright vs. Mays, and Garland vs. Radke. Hopefully Elo gets the first one. Game 2 looks rough since the Sox never hit Cy Mays. If we get Jon instead of Judy Garland in game 3 and the Sox bats stay hot against a struggling Radke, 2 of 3 is very possible.

I might go to church on Sunday and pray for a miracle :ph34r:

Praying to the wicked statue of Jesus Prior, huh, Killa???

Thanks. I just emailed you, but i am not sure from what email address. :rolleyes:

I emailed you back -

Thanks. I just emailed you, but i am not sure from what email address.

I emailed you back at something from/through soxtalk , the address I sent to was 6 letters and 2 numbers at aol.com - if that addres makes no sense to you, email me and stick in the text what email to use

that sounds very right - I looked at the schedule and that would seem to be it and that leaves MB, colon, and loaiza for the cubs next weekend  :headbang

I assume we'll only have to face one of the Wood-Prior duo next weekend as well.

We'll have the same pitchers going in Buehrle and Colon(who I believe should matchup with Clement and Zambrano respectively) and then it will be Loaiza against Wood/Prior.

Am I the only one that thinks we have a solid shot at getting a season sweep of the loveable losers this year?

I don't want to be a wet rag here, but I'm waiting to see what kind of attitude the Sox bring today against Zambrano and at the Dumpy Dome before I get too excited.

The Sox have pounded on the two weak links in the Cub rotation, and they almost gacked yesterday's game, until Dusty choked on his toothpick and Goodwin mistook it for a steal sign.

I want to see the Sox come out as fired up for the Twins as they always are for the Northsiders - hopefully the fact that the Twins series is sandwiched between the two Cub series will help the Sox maintain their aggression.

It's VERY nice to see the offense clicking, and if Konerko could ever find his way out of the year-long slump ( not "season-long", it's been a calendar year since he hit well at all ), then the AL Central is there for the taking.

We can still win this thing. But, we can't let up. They can't go into Wrigley today being satisfied with winning the series. This is an opportunity for them to sweep a division leader, a rival, all in hostile territory. Having accomplished that before heading in to Twinkieland would be a great morale booster.

Yeah actually its funny, but all of a sudden i feel fairly confident about our chances.  You guys need to keep it going while i am away.   ;)

I wouldn't be hopping on the optimistic bandwagon just yet if I were you for 2 reasons:

1) You have been selling this team short, quite vociferously so, from the very beginning. You thought the Sox had no talent to compete with the Twins and are an 85-win team at best when playing to it's potential...However, since they have been "severely underachiving" and "playing without desire" against weak opponents in April-May, it only makes sense for you to revise your prediction downwards to, say, 75-87 record...That is unless you have been guessing all along and 85 was just a "safe"guess which you could then conventiently windsock. Makes you look bad because you have been rubbing it into peoples faces pretty much all season long.

2) The Sox are FAR from ok: the 2 game outburst against awful pitching aside, this team has been giving games away all season long--just 7-8 tantalizing losses in 2 weeks spanning Tribe and Boston series alone....I would wait until we are at least 3-4 games ahead of the Twins/10 games over .500 before letting out victorious cries of elation as quite a few Sox fans have been doing.

As far as I am concerned, this team STILL can't hit- our hitters once again looked awful against good relivers like Remlinger, Farny, Borowski and Alfonseca, swinging at pitcher's pitches, falling off balance on anything not in the middle of the plate, greedily overswinging, etc. Until Jimenez/Valentin/Lee/Konerko/Ordonez start mashing the ball like they can, Sox will be a deeply mediocre team.

And don't me started on Koch and Gordon throwing meatballs with game on the line, awful stuff, whoever was calling those pitches needed to be shot.

I wouldn't be hopping on the optimistic bandwagon just yet if I were you for 2 reasons:

1)  You have been selling this team short, quite vociferously so, from the very beginning.  You thought the Sox had no talent to compete with the Twins and are an 85-win team at best when playing to it's potential...However, since they have been "severely underachiving" and "playing without desire" against weak opponents in April-May, it only makes sense for you to revise your prediction downwards to, say, 75-87 games...That is unless you have been guessing all along and 85 was just a "safe"guess which you could then conventiently windsock. Makes you look bad because you have been rubbing it into peoples faces pretty much all season long.

2)  The Sox are FAR from ok:  the 2 game outburst against awful pitching aside, this team has been giving games away all season long--just 7-8tantalizing winnable losses in 2 weeks spanning Tribe and Boston series....I would wait until we are at least 3-4 games ahead of the Twins/10 games over .500 before letting out victorious cries of elation as quite a few Sox fans have been doing.

As far as I am concerned, this team STILL can't hit-  our hitters once again looked awful against good relivers like Remlinger, Farny, Borowski and Alfonseca, swinging at pitcher's pitches, falling off balance on anything not in the middle of the plate, overswinging. Until Jimenez/Valentin/Lee/Konerko/Ordonez start mashing the ball like they can, Sox will be a deeply mediocre team.

And don't me started on Koch and Gordon throwing meatballs with game on the line, awful stuff, whoever was calling those pitches needed to be shot.

wery well said i cant agree more with the post you have made, although I am excited that we are only 4.5 we still are not over .500, and we are in THIRD PLACE- dont froget about the Royals- with that being said i dont want to act a scrub fan and get too excited over nothing lets allow the rest of these 2 weeks to play out

As far as I am concerned, this team STILL can't hit- our hitters once again looked awful against good relivers like Remlinger, Farny, Borowski and Alfonseca, swinging at pitcher's pitches, falling off balance on anything not in the middle of the plate, greedily overswinging, etc. Until Jimenez/Valentin/Lee/Konerko/Ordonez start mashing the ball like they can, Sox will be a deeply mediocre team.

I really think you have the Sox offense all backwards. I thin we should worry much more about what Olivo, Crede, CF of the week are doing vs the vet guys are doing. The last 4 guys you mentioned are veterans and have a history of hitting, what does the bottom of our line up have? I think if the bottom guys are coming around the middle guys are soon to follow.

And BTW are we to start giving Greg Walker some credit for getting some of these guys going yet? Crede, Olivo, Rowand, Harris, Daubach are all hitting better than they have been all year.

I really think you have the Sox offense all backwards.  I thin we should worry much more about what Olivo, Crede, CF of the week are doing vs the vet guys are doing.  The last 4 guys you mentioned are veterans and have a history of hitting, what does the bottom of our line up have?  I think if the bottom guys are coming around the middle guys are soon to follow. 

And BTW are we to start giving Greg Walker some credit for getting some of these guys going yet?  Crede, Olivo, Rowand, Harris, Daubach are all hitting better than they have been all year.

You truly think rookies Harris & Olivo and a semi-rookie Crede will carry this team?

Valentin can't see the breaking ball; Magglio and Lee are wildly overswinging on every other pitch; Jimenez is completely apathetic; and Konerko is in one of the worst slumps of all time...Sox are the second worst hitting team in AL...And if Hurt reverts back to his uppercut swing/mental case self, Sox are beyond f***ed.

Wo...I thought just the other day we gave the Red Sox a game as a gift....Now we are back in contention?

I really think you have the Sox offense all backwards.  I thin we should worry much more about what Olivo, Crede, CF of the week are doing vs the vet guys are doing.  The last 4 guys you mentioned are veterans and have a history of hitting, what does the bottom of our line up have?  I think if the bottom guys are coming around the middle guys are soon to follow. 

And BTW are we to start giving Greg Walker some credit for getting some of these guys going yet?  Crede, Olivo, Rowand, Harris, Daubach are all hitting better than they have been all year.

You truly think rookies Harris & Olivo and a semi-rookie Crede will carry this team?

Valentin can't see the breaking ball; Magglio and Lee are wildly overswinging on every other pitch; Jimenez is completely apathetic; and Konerko is in one of the worst slumps of all time...Sox are the second worst hitting team in AL...And if Hurt reverts back to his uppercut swing/mental case self, Sox are beyond f***ed.

Wo...I thought just the other day we gave the Red Sox a game as a gift....Now we are back in contention?

Wow dude you are putting some words into my mouth. :o Where did I say "carry the team" and where did I say "back in contention" ? :huh:

I SAID that those 3 guys are much more worth worrying about than the vets. I am not sure where you got the rest of that crap? :huh:

Wow dude you are putting some words into my mouth. :o Where did I say "carry the team" and where did I say "back in contention" ? :huh:

I SAID that those 3 guys are much more worth worrying about than the vets. I am not sure where you got the rest of that crap? :huh:

I don't know about you, but when I talk about "mashing the ball", the implication is always "....in order for us to be in contention".... If you were talking about a slight improvement, then, sure, I guess if Cerde and Harris give Konerko 1st&3rd&1-out often enough, I bet he will repond occasionally and Sox would score a 4 runs a game instead 3 and will finish 5 games behind instead of 10+.

Bottomline: Sox are not going anywhere if the big 3 pitchers (Elo-Colon-Burly) and big 5 hitters (Jim, Val, Hurt, Lee, Kong and Maggs) don't crank the RBI production up two notches. And I am yet to see anything worthy of getting excited about from the big guns, Frank excepted- and even he only has half the RBIs of Delgado..

Harris/Rowand/Olivo/Crede are just icing on the cake not the other way around.

Believe me, I'm not overly optimistic.  I just believe that if this team starts playing up to it's potential, we can win this thing.

Let's not get confused here when we use the words optimistic and potential when describing the Sox chances. I agree that if the team plays up to the POTENTIAL we know they have and players start to produce we can still win this thing. I think we are still in this thing and, if players step up and do their thing performing to their POTENTIAL then I am also OPTIMISTIC we can win. I think we are seeing some fire now.