Just 4 1/2 games out?

Bmr31

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the weather warms up so do the Sox bats apparently.

The "O" is HOT. I'm loving it! :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Yeah, i think they actually have a shot at this division. I will be watching for those scores while i am out in Vegas!

Yeah, i think they actually have a shot at this division. I will be watching for those scores while i am out in Vegas!

wow, only 4 1/2 games out! Holy crap, thats closer than I thought! The way we are playing and the way the Twinkies are playing, the Sox e'll be in 1st by the end of our series with thw sCrUBS in the Cell! Hallelujah, praise the lord!!!! :headbang :bringit Minny!

wow, only 4 1/2 games out! Holy crap, thats closer than I thought! The way we are playing and the way the Twinkies are playing, the Sox e'll be in 1st by the end of our series with thw sCrUBS in the Cell! Hallelujah, praise the lord!!!! :headbang :bringit Minny!

Dont get too excited, we still need to find a way to beat the twins.

Just dont worry BMR! Dont worry! ;)

:cheers

:cheers

Amen to that! :lol:

A sweep tomorrow and 2 of 3 from the Twinkies in the s*** dome would be sweet.

Pitching matchups for the twinkie series are ELo vs Reed, Wright vs. Mays, and Garland vs. Radke. Hopefully Elo gets the first one. Game 2 looks rough since the Sox never hit Cy Mays. If we get Jon instead of Judy Garland in game 3 and the Sox bats stay hot against a struggling Radke, 2 of 3 is very possible.

Pitching matchups for the twinkie series are ELo vs Reed, Wright vs. Mays, and Garland vs. Radke. Hopefully Elo gets the first one. Game 2 looks rough since the Sox never hit Cy Mays. If we get Jon instead of Judy Garland in game 3 and the Sox bats stay hot against a struggling Radke, 2 of 3 is very possible.

I might go to church on Sunday and pray for a miracle :ph34r:

Both Mays and Radke are struggling, and Reed ain't fairing so well either. mays has a good W-L but high 5 ERA. If the O comes in crushing like they hae this weekend, they may inflate that ERA a bit more. If Esty and Jon can keep up the quality starts 2 of 3 is very possible. I have NO confidence in Danny "53 Foot Fastball" Wright however.

I love the fact we have hit well and kicked the Cubs' ass.

I think Josh Paul said it best on some national radio show when I was driving to work after the game.

He said something like, "If we play with this intensity in all our games we'll win the division."

I think Josh Paul said it best on some national radio show when I was driving to work after the game.

He said something like, "If we play with this intensity in all our games we'll win the division."

They need to get their lazy asses workin then! :angry:

Both Mays and Radke are struggling, and Reed ain't fairing so well either. mays has a good W-L but high 5 ERA. If the O comes in crushing like they hae this weekend, they may inflate that ERA a bit more. If Esty and Jon can keep up the quality starts 2 of 3 is very possible. I have NO confidence in Danny "53 Foot Fastball" Wright however.

I agree, that is why I say 2 of 3 are possible. But I will be very happy with 2 of 3 in that damn dome. I just hope the Sox go into that series with the same intensity they seem to have this series.

They need to get their lazy asses workin then! :angry:

Couldnt'a said it better myself!

Somebody said prior to the Red Sox series that these next two weeks are huge on determining whether or not the Sox try to contend or fold it up for the year, and they couldn't have said it better or more correctly.

Someone on the Sox must have read that and realized that whoever posted that was absolutely correct, because they sure as hell have responded. Take 2 in a 4-game set against on of the better offenses in the MLB and winning(possibly sweeping) a series from the huge rival Cubs....we would be rolling into Minnesota with a ton of momentum, and our big game pitcher(up to this point in the year) in ELo starting game 1, hopefully setting the tone for the whole series. Meanwhile, the Twinkies have just lost(and could possibly be swept) by a very s***ty Milwaukee team. Talk about being in the pits.

If we do sweep the Cubs, and Minny is swept by the Brew Crew, I don't doubt that we could be within a half game of first by the end of the week(taking 2 of 3 from Minny, which puts us 2.5 out, and then taking 2 of 3 from the Scrubs, while the Brewers take 2 of 3 from Minny, and we are a half game out of first). By July 2, we could have sole possesion of first place.

I think the last time I was this excited about the White Sox was March. :o

this is the time, they are playing like s*** at home, barely 500 if that; they are emminently takable

Very..............all i am concerned with is the pitching matchups. We should be fine, though. :huh:

this is the time, they are playing like s*** at home, barely 500 if that; they are emminently takable

Very..............all i am concerned with is the pitching matchups. We should be fine, though. :huh:

do we know the matchups? I as you might expect am clueless as to what they are :huh:

do we know the matchups? I as you might expect am clueless as to what they are :huh:

It was mentioned earlier, but we have Loaiza, garland and wright going.....i think.

It was mentioned earlier, but we have Loaiza, garland and wright going.....i think.

Man..... I hope JG has turned the proverbial "corner." He's got quite a nice little sting of quality starts going for him. And if he's the probable against Cy Mays, we're gonna need the JG of SD vintage.