Anna Nicole Smith dead

Steve9347

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
There are hundreds of TV channels, thousands of newpapers, and millions of websites. All spewing information, news, etc. And none of them are exactly the same. So unless they are all in some conspiracy to provide the same content, then you always have choice. Those choices will mold what media companies present. For example, if you choose to watch a channel that has less (or none) of something you don't like, and the masses do the same, then you and the masses will have successfully molded the media. The channel people avoid losses viewship, then advertising dollars, and they either have to adapt or die.

In the morning I turn on channel 2 and listen while I get ready for work. I don't have time to run back and forth or actually sit and watch it so whatever is said is whatever I hear. I don't watch much news other than that - my nights are filled with Tivo. I don't think Channel 2 is a part of some conspiracy, but this morning there were many comments made about her, and bet that 100% of the other news stations out there did as well. The only option to NOT hear the smut is to NOT watch or listen.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
In the morning I turn on channel 2 and listen while I get ready for work. I don't have time to run back and forth or actually sit and watch it so whatever is said is whatever I hear. I don't watch much news other than that - my nights are filled with Tivo. I don't think Channel 2 is a part of some conspiracy, but this morning there were many comments made about her, and bet that 100% of the other news stations out there did as well. The only option to NOT hear the smut is to NOT watch or listen.

Her smut is news because people bought into her a long time ago.

You always have choice. You may not be able to avoid something like this entirely, but, you can engage it a lot less if you want to. And if more people did that, they it would go away.

Honestly though, there is still a large swath of the country that loves this stuff, so there will be some of it around until that changes. But that isn't media hype, its business. All you can do is choose the alternatives that avoid it more than others.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
Ass.

poo-poo head.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
Her smut is news because people bought into her a long time ago.

You always have choice. You may not be able to avoid something like this entirely, but, you can engage it a lot less if you want to. And if more people did that, they it would go away.

Honestly though, there is still a large swath of the country that loves this stuff, so there will be some of it around until that changes. But that isn't media hype, its business. All you can do is choose the alternatives that avoid it more than others.

It's news because it's brought to light by the media. If the media didn't splash her all over the tv in the first place years ago we never would have known who she was. They are the ones that bring it to the table. If it wasn't there, it wouldn't be wanted.

Now it's supply and demand. But the MEDIA is who created the ANS frenzy among a zillion others over the years.

Theres actually an ancient Chinese secret in determining who is the father of the baby. First you have to have all the men in a room. Then you tell them you are going to rip the baby in three pieces and they will all receive an equal piece. Whichever man stops the baby from being ripped in three is the true father and should be allowed to keep it.

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
Theres actually an ancient Chinese secret in determining who is the father of the baby. First you have to have all the men in a room. Then you tell them you are going to rip the baby in three pieces and they will all receive an equal piece. Whichever man stops the baby from being ripped in three is the true father and should be allowed to keep it.

Quite honestly, I think this child should be put into foster care and found a family that has nothing to do with any of them. None of them have displayed behavior that would indicate they can provide a positive upbringing for a roach, God forbid a child.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)
Two words

Marilyn Monroe

only more trailer house and less white house.

That was what the three of us (two coworkers and myself) said this morning when we met for breakfast.

I flipped on the news last night after getting ready for bed and this was all over. There were several news stories I caught at lunch that I was trying to find but couldn't.

I pray for her daughter. It's going to be tough for her.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
Quite honestly, I think this child should be put into foster care and found a family that has nothing to do with any of them. None of them have displayed behavior that would indicate they can provide a positive upbringing for a roach, God forbid a child.

The only one in the story that seemed to care for the child was the photographer (can't remember his name at the moment - I think I saw in this thread it was Birkhead?).

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 05:04 AM)
And if there is, and it's a reaction AFTER THE FACT, how does that contribute to them killing themselves as you seem to be trying to tie together..

ie... "well a start would be to not call the person selfish, eh?"

:huh

Live, die, live die...

That's not a choice? What would you call it then?

Have you suffered from depression ever before? Have you seriously talked with people that have (without judging them in the process)? Are you a psychologist? Depression controlls your life. It eats you apart like you can't imagine. The recovery process is tougher than any surgery you can imagine. Depression is like cancer, there's no cure, there's only rehab. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it comes back. While it's none of your business nor is it anyone elses here on the board, but I've suffered from it before. I've struggled with the debate, "live or die?" Once you dive deep into the question and REALLY ask yourself that question, it doesn't just mean "live or die" like you suggest. Experience it before you make such stupid and blindfolded remarks. You have no idea what depression is like. You have no idea what "live or die" really means. I don't care what books you've read, what kind of degree you have. Until you experience it, you don't know s***.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)
Have you suffered from depression ever before? Have you seriously talked with people that have (without judging them in the process)? Are you a psychologist? Depression controlls your life. It eats you apart like you can't imagine. The recovery process is tougher than any surgery you can imagine. Depression is like cancer, there's no cure, there's only rehab. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it comes back. Once you dive deep into the question and REALLY ask yourself that question, it doesn't just mean "live or die" like you suggest. Experience it before you make such stupid and blindfolded remarks. You have no idea what depression is like. You have no idea what "live or die" really means. I don't care what books you've read, what kind of degree you have. Until you experience it, you don't know s***.

Not all people that commit suicide do it because they are depressed, and until YOU experience that, YOU don't know s***.

Stop generalizing. It's ignorant to those who HAVE experienced dealing with someone who has committed suicide.

ETA, I removed your personal stuff from my post. Like you said, it's noone's business and it doesn't relate to the point myself and William Tell were making.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)

I agree. None of these guys seem fit to be parents. Hopefully they find this baby a good home.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
Not all people that commit suicide do it because they are depressed, and until YOU experience that, YOU don't know s***.

Stop generalizing. It's ignorant to those who HAVE experienced dealing with someone who has committed suicide.

Oh, and it's not ignorant to call the people who have done it selfish? Give me a f***ing break. You have no idea why these people come to such drastic conclusions. To come to conclusion for them and sum it up in one simple word is beyond arrogance. It's beyond ignorant. It's downright foolish. Live their life before you spout your mouth off.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
Oh, and it's not ignorant to call the people who have done it selfish? Give me a f***ing break. You have no idea why these people come to such drastic conclusions. To come to conclusion for them and sum it up in one simple word is beyond arrogance. It's beyond ignorant. It's downright foolish. Live their life before you spout your mouth off.

I have plenty of idea. In case you missed it.. I was there with a family to pick up the pieces of their selfish family member who left his brains all over the living room for a 7 year old to find.

It's reality. One you have no idea of, and despite your nastiness, hope you are never faced with.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
I have plenty of idea. In case you missed it.. I was there with a family to pick up the pieces of their selfish family member who left his brains all over the living room for a 7 year old to find.

It's reality. One you have no idea of, and despite your nastiness, hope you are never faced with.

You know NOTHING of my life. Is it your hobby to size people up and make conclusions with no knowledge what-so-ever? You think I've never experienced somebody take the bullet train? Think again. I know what the grieving process is like. And on top of that, I've asked myself the life or death question too. Does that make me an expert? Hell no. But at least I'm smart enough to realize that you're not like me, I'm not like you, they're not like me, I'm not like them. I'm not going to sit back and insult these people and call them selfish because they couldn't find any better alternatives. I know nothing of these people's lives. And I'm not about to size it up through one single moment.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
You know NOTHING of my life. Is it your hobby to size people up and make conclusions with no knowledge what-so-ever? You think I've never experienced somebody take the bullet train? Think again. I know what the grieving process is like. And on top of that, I've asked myself the life or death question too. Does that make me an expert? Hell no. But at least I'm smart enough to realize that you're not like me, I'm not like you, they're not like me, I'm not like them. I'm not going to sit back and insult these people and call them selfish because they couldn't find any better alternatives. I know nothing of these people's lives. And I'm not about to size it up through one single moment.

Aaaand back to the thread, people liked Anna Nicole Smith for the same reason they slow down to see an accident. People like to see a trainwreck. That's what the Anna Nicole show was. Then when she Trimspa'd (or gastric bypass'd), we loved her again. Because Americans love a good comeback story.

Any famous person, fringe or not, that takes such a long road down and then bounces back is going to make people want to watch.

RIP ANS.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)

Your right, I don't. And I'm not sizing up anyone or anything making any sweeping comments, unlike you who refuses to believe this act is anything but what YOU claim it is. My comments are based on what I have experienced. Got that or do you need it bigger and bolder? I don't know what you've dealt with and I'm not trying to pretend I do. You telling me that the emotions of myself and my friends family are bulls***, IS bulls***. I am NOT generalizing anything and only commenting, one more time, on what I dealt with.

You're right, you know NOTHING of anyone but yourself so why don't you stop painting ALL victims of suicide with the same brush.