51 members have voted

1. 1. The 2007 bullpen will be...

• Better than 2005
    • Better than 2007
    • The best in the MLB this year
    • Worse than 2005
    • Wore than 2007
    • One of the worst in the MLB this year

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Yeah, one of those two is pretty likely for the 6th spot. Sounds like they may still be considering making Sisco a starter, though. So you never know.

ETA: Masset isn't a lock for the big club either. If they like him as a starter but he doesn't get the 5th spot (and probably won't), they might want to send him back to AAA. That means possibly Haeger and one of those two lefties making the pen.

Best case scenario would be for Boone to win the second lefty spot and allow Sisco to start in AAA. I disagree about Masset. Unless he just flat sucks next month, he's in. I don't buy the hype about them wanting him to possibly start, atleast not now. Kenny says this guys has Bobby Jenks-like stuff. He'll be in the 'pen.

Edited by Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
I'm torn from voting the 2007 bullpen will be better than the 2007 bullpen or worse. Too bad equal to the 2007 bullpen isn't an option.

I'm torn from voting the 2007 bullpen will be better than the 2007 bullpen or worse. Too bad equal to the 2007 bullpen isn't an option.

=)

QUOTE(bad at best @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
What do people think of Haeger out of the pen? Knuckleballs make me nervous in late inning, runners on situations (walks, HRs, passed balls, etc). Maybe to start an inning or as long relief?

The nice thing about knuckleballing relievers is that they can seriously screw up people's timing. The bad thing is that it's beyond easy for them to give up a few walks/wild pitches, and, just as it is tough for a hitter to adjust, it's also difficult for a catcher. I wouldn't mind seeing Haeger as the 5th starter, or doing some long relief, but I'd be nervous seeing him come into a high-leverage situation.