5) BurlyMan56

6) Reddy

7) BHAMBARONS

8) smalls2598

9) Frank the Tank 35

10) BFirebird

11) kman

12) Bigruss22

CryptviLL, you can go ahead and take control of this thread...

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Thanks!

1. Draft time - Im looking for a Draft time on either one of these dates :

Saturday March 31

Friday, March 30

Friday March 23

Saturday March 24

Sunday March 25

This was the draft will be on a weekend, and will be ready by opening season. Obviously, any other suggestions / needs will be taking into consideration, so post whenever you are available for the draft.

2. League Settings -

Head 2 head, Or Roto? I'm guessing the majority vote will be Head 2 Head, but please do speak out for what you guys want.

The inner settings : A normal league usually has a 5x5 / 4x4 style play, with Home runs, Runs, Stolen Bases, RBI's, Average as the hitting categories, and the pitching categories being Wins, Saves, ERA, WHIP, K's.

Now, I personally, usually like to keep it simple, with just those 5, however, im up for adding some categories if you feel the need to. If you want a hitting category, be sure to suggest a pitching category as well to even it out.

so guys, Post away on your opinions, I cant make the league unless I know what you guys want. :) Have a great year.

Okay, I went ahead and made the league :

League id : 108573

password : soxtalk

Join up, the draft date is currently set to Sat, March 24, 8pm EST.

The settings thus far, are head to head, 5x5 (normal cat).

Pretty basic league, if you want change, post in this thread, please give your opinions. thanks

Edited by CryptviLL

QUOTE(CryptviLL @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 04:37 PM)
Okay, I went ahead and made the league :

League id : 108573

password : soxtalk

Join up, the draft date is currently set to Friday, March 23, 6:15pm, there's not much draft times open, so be sure to comment if you need a change of the draft time ASAP.

The settings thus far, are head to head, 5x5 (normal cat).

Pretty basic league, if you want change, post in this thread, please give your opinions. thanks

basic categories? aw come on now, gimme some OPS at the VERY least -

here's what we did for the league i commished last year:

R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OPS, IP, W, CG, SHO, SV, BB, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

oh and Friday March 30 works a ton better for me, i cant do the 23rd.

I could also do an evening March 24, or mornings on the 25th and 31st

Wewt let's get this thing going!

I prefer a HtH format.

I was in Reddy's league last year and I completely approve of the settings he's mentioned. I'd also like to see a 3rd starting pitcher position. We should use Yahoo!'s can't cut list too. Everything else looks good.

Edited by BuehrleTheAce

It's very hard to get a perfect draft time with the way yahoo public leagues are being filled up. Theres actually days in March where you cant sign up due to the amount of leagues being developed. So it's been difficult to get a prime time live draft.

Do you want the draft later? or?

that day may or may not work for me. thing is i'm typically busy on weeknights and my weekends are kinda random on when i'm available. although i feel like i'm the only one talking - what do other people think?

PS, send PM's to everyone in your league CryptviLL cuz they may not know they're actually in it yet

Ok, i think our league draft time is set.

A Weekend, late - the 24th, Saturday night.

Head to Head it will be.

Settings are still up in the air (a tad bit). It will not be a huge settings like (8x8, 9x9 etc.)

However, right now its a 5x5, im willing to add 1-2 settings for pitching/hitting.

QUOTE(CryptviLL @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)
Ok, i think our league draft time is set.

A Weekend, late - the 24th, Saturday night.

Head to Head it will be.

Settings are still up in the air (a tad bit). It will not be a huge settings like (8x8, 9x9 etc.)

However, right now its a 5x5, im willing to add 1-2 settings for pitching/hitting.

i just hate the cliche that homers rbis and avg are all that matters...

at least put in OPS or something... and i like Holds cuz they make middle relievers valuable... or K/IP

Well OBP is a good category and im willing to put that in if the league accepts it.

But we cant have holds as a category. To unpredictable, and we dont have unlimited pitching spots. People like Scott Shields, and Mike Macdougal will then be taken in front of players like Vazquez, Buehrle, Garland etc. Because you only have around 7-10 pitching slots.

Holds = i dont really like, but possibly that K's / walk ratio?

QUOTE(CryptviLL @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 10:07 AM)
Well OBP is a good category and im willing to put that in if the league accepts it.

But we cant have holds as a category. To unpredictable, and we dont have unlimited pitching spots. People like Scott Shields, and Mike Macdougal will then be taken in front of players like Vazquez, Buehrle, Garland etc. Because you only have around 7-10 pitching slots.

Holds = i dont really like, but possibly that K's / walk ratio?

so we're keeping the normal position settings too? can we at least add another SP spot?

and OPS is much better a stat than OBP, includes slugging and is a much better indicator of value.

i really hate being the only one talking tho - nobody else has opinions huh?

Ah, understood with OPS.

So right now :

I'll add OPS, but we need a pitching category, any ideas on a fair one? I really dislike holds.. id like holds if it was around a 20 team league, but in a 12 team league, i think its just a unpredictable thing :P.

2) SleepyWhiteSox

4) backman

8) smalls2598

10) BFirebird

12) Bigruss22

Im Guessing these are the players who have not joined up yet.

Sleepywhitesox has said he cannot join, so were down one player. If any one else on Soxtalk would like to join, then theyll have first priority, but come draft day - if we need one person, i'll get my friend to join up.

QUOTE(CryptviLL @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 10:23 AM)
Ah, understood with OPS.

So right now :

I'll add OPS, but we need a pitching category, any ideas on a fair one? I really dislike holds.. id like holds if it was around a 20 team league, but in a 12 team league, i think its just a unpredictable thing :P.

yeah ok i'm cool with that. um... well which is more valuable K/9 of K/BB? probably K/BB

I'm disappointed we can't add more than 1 stat per side. I really liked the stats we had last year. I agree to an extent with the argument against holds, however for those who miss out on 3 solid closers they at least have an alternate option. It does help to even the playing field a bit.

It's been my experience that as soon as someone falls behind or misses out on stocking up a particular position they lose interest in the league. There will be those that scan the team and player notes and will scoop up available prospects. Not everyone can do this on a daily basis. These are the people that will get disgruntled and quit playing.

Anyway, if I were to pick a pitching stat I guess I'd go with K/BB over K/9. Once again, there aren't that many flamethrowers or high strikeout pitchers in the league and as soon as a few managers get their team stocked it will leave out those less fortunate. At least with K/BB there is a better chance of picking up either high strikeout pitchers or those who don't throw many walks.

I also completey agree with OPS over OBP.

And finally I'll reiterate my interest in a third SP spot (nudge nudge, wink wink)

Edited by BuehrleTheAce

sorry to be a pain in the ass, but a draft on a Saturday night?

even though this is a free league, I prefer to draft my own team instead of the autodraft.

so, if we do stick to a Friday or Saturday night, then i may just have to drop out of this league. i much rather prefer a weeknight after 6 pm.

also...i agree, OPS should be added as a category.