League 3 Thread

ZoomSlowik

Okay, so theres some people who can't have a draft on a weekday.

And theres some that dont want it on a friday/saturday.

So how's sunday night for everyone?

And finally I'll reiterate my interest in a third SP spot (nudge nudge, wink wink)

I will put a third SP spot for you. :).

'm disappointed we can't add more than 1 stat per side. I really liked the stats we had last year. I agree to an extent with the argument against holds, however for those who miss out on 3 solid closers they at least have an alternate option. It does help to even the playing field a bit.

The alternate to that debate is : Holds = More relievers = lessinging the value of a Joe Nathan / K-rod. It would make drafting a reliever in the third round/fourth a bad pick. Ya know? It makes the closers valuable.

As I do agree with it not being good when you miss out on the closers, it's a choice you take to not select closers in the draft. As you might miss out on closers, you will have a better offense then the guy with 2-3 closers.

Anyway, if I were to pick a pitching stat I guess I'd go with K/BB over K/9. Once again, there aren't that many flamethrowers or high strikeout pitchers in the league and as soon as a few managers get their team stocked it will leave out those less fortunate. At least with K/BB there is a better chance of picking up either high strikeout pitchers or those who don't throw many walks.

Agreed. K/BB + OPS will be added.

QUOTE(CryptviLL @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
Okay, so theres some people who can't have a draft on a weekday.

And theres some that dont want it on a friday/saturday.

So how's sunday night for everyone?

I will put a third SP spot for you. :).

The alternate to that debate is : Holds = More relievers = lessinging the value of a Joe Nathan / K-rod. It would make drafting a reliever in the third round/fourth a bad pick. Ya know? It makes the closers valuable.

As I do agree with it not being good when you miss out on the closers, it's a choice you take to not select closers in the draft. As you might miss out on closers, you will have a better offense then the guy with 2-3 closers.

Agreed. K/BB + OPS will be added.

Thank you and thank you :)

Most nights are OK with me, after 7pm.

Ok ill change it to sunday night, as that seems to have less conflict. Reddy, if this sunday doesnt work for you, will change it. Just speak up.

Right now its the 18th, at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

Question: Where are the 3 other people that are suppose to be in this league? We heard from one guy that he cant make hte league, but were still down 3, ill be Personal Messaging them right now.

I believe these are the people yet to sign up to the league.

4) backman

10) BFirebird

12) Bigruss22

And then we need to add one more player, if anyone has a friend from soxtalk, they can get him. If not I have a friend (not from soxtalk).

QUOTE(CryptviLL @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 06:21 PM)
Ok ill change it to sunday night, as that seems to have less conflict. Reddy, if this sunday doesnt work for you, will change it. Just speak up.

Right now its the 18th, at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

Question: Where are the 3 other people that are suppose to be in this league? We heard from one guy that he cant make hte league, but were still down 3, ill be Personal Messaging them right now.

I believe these are the people yet to sign up to the league.

And then we need to add one more player, if anyone has a friend from soxtalk, they can get him. If not I have a friend (not from soxtalk).

lol the only problem i have with that is i have another draft scheduled for 8:00 PM that night. :P

could we put it back to 7? does that work for people or not? cuz then i could move my other draft to 8:30/9

Allright kool, were still down 2 tho. Who's the Last 2?

lol the only problem i have with that is i have another draft scheduled for 8:00 PM that night. tongue.gif

could we put it back to 7? does that work for people or not? cuz then i could move my other draft to 8:30/9

I checked to change it, and the only other times are 4pm, or 11pm, that Are close to 7pm.

I'll check in a few days if mroe draft time slots open up however, I believe they do.

• 6 months later...

After a long, grueling season (both in fantasy and real life), the winner has been decided!

1. BuehrleTheAce (yay, back-to-back championships!)

2. Melido Perez's Curls

3. SIRtifiably CAFFEY

4. Biddle's Chops

5. Cryptvill

6. FtT35

7. South Side Hitmen

8. Reddy's Southsiderz

9. JOE CREDE!!!!!!!!!!!

10. kman711

11. BHAM

12. Stutta Bug's

Thanks everyone for playing. We had a significant number of owners stick it out throughout the season, with only a few not participating throughout.

The winner for most transactions was SIRtifiably CAFFEY with 115. South Side Hitmen had the second most with a distant 48 (talk about poaching the free agent market!).