Sox 2 rounder

LDF

The thing that worries me, is there isn't too much talk about them being anywhere close to a contract.

yeah i notice that. but my question is, if he is still play hs ball, wouldn't it be illegal if he signs a contract now. meaning he can't play ball for his school?

That first contract is way more important in baseball than hoops or football. Look how many get drafted and how many make it to mlb. This could be his biggest paycheck of his life. Negotiate for all you're worth plus some for old age.

I just can't get excited about baseball's draft. Most of the really good prospects seem to get traded before they play mlb for the team that drafted them.

Damn, I'm much more confident after reading this article. The Sox seem really antsy to get him signed, as it is going to cost them a similar amount to their first round pick, although it will be way worth it.

Sweeney is a great athlete and I really trust Shaffer and the rest of the Sox scouts. Like I've said a few times lately, the Sox aren't cheap in the draft and they also seem to have a very good understanding on guys that fall in the draft and if they really are signable or not.

They've done that with quite a few players over the years and they really did it in this draft. While Veal and Moviel haven't signed, there are even indications that the Sox may be able to pull one of them out as well as sign Sweeney which would be huge.