Buerle trade?

YASNY

There's no way we do this.

Mark B is our ace and won't be dealt...

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Cough, cough.. ace... E-Lo.. cough, cough....

E-Lo....career high is 11 wins...cough..cough...never been an all-star...cough...cough....

What have you done for me lately??

Now get up off your knees and let Mark zip his pants up.

He is NOT the Sox "ace" right now.

Good one Steff, but even your humor won't stop me from loving Mark B.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Love him all you want.

But he's NOT the ace of this staff right now.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way we do this.

Mark B is our ace and won't be dealt...

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Cough, cough.. ace... E-Lo.. cough, cough....

E-Lo....career high is 11 wins...cough..cough...never been an all-star...cough...cough....

It is the 2003 All Star game. Not the career all star game.

That's the problem with most Sox fans. The only thing they go by is what have you done for me lately....

Next year when Buehrle is dealing and E-Lo is back to earth, check back with me....Until then, enjoy the ride from this overachieving "ace".

That's the problem with most Sox fans.  The only thing they go by is what have you done for me lately....

Next year when Buehrle is dealing and E-Lo is back to earth, check back with me....Until then, enjoy the ride from this overachieving "ace".

Oh boy... another one holding on tight to 2000.

It's OK if we end the season in 2nd place, again... as long as Mark wins 20!!!

:bang

Regarding Drew, I will always hold it against him for the way he and agent Boras handled that Phillie draft episode. I know, it's a free country, and no one HAS to sign with whoever drafts you, but they made it so contentious. It's not like the Phillies didn't offer a reasonable signing bonus or anything. It's as if they (Drew/Boros) thought that they were bigger than the game. The entire draft mechanism is there for a reason, ostensibly to make the Game better, and it is there with the full cooperation of the Players Union. I just don't like him and his agent.

That's the problem with most Sox fans.  The only thing they go by is what have you done for me lately....

If he were holding onto 2000, he's be sucking Cal Eldred's dick...not Buehrle's. :lol:

Loaiza and Colon are our aces. Not Mark. 4-10 with like a 4.90 ERA. No matter how youve done in your career, well, stats like those put you back where you started. Marks going to have to earn the title of ace back. He may do that, and then Ill be more than happy to call him ace. But until he starts pitching like an ace (and none of this 6 IP 4 ER nonsense) hes just another pitcher...

If he were holding onto 2000, he's be sucking Cal Eldred's dick...not Buehrle's. :lol:

Mark, Cal... same thing :lol: :D

Loaiza and Colon are our aces. Not Mark. 4-10 with like a 4.90 ERA. No matter how youve done in your career, well, stats like those put you back where you started. Marks going to have to earn the title of ace back. He may do that, and then Ill be more than happy to call him ace. But until he starts pitching like an ace (and none of this 6 IP 4 ER nonsense) hes just another pitcher...

So why still the Frank Thomas worship?

Regarding Drew, I will always hold it against him for the way he and agent Boras handled that Phillie draft episode.  I know, it's a free country, and no one HAS to sign with whoever drafts you, but they made it so contentious.  It's not like the Phillies didn't offer a reasonable signing bonus or anything. It's as if they (Drew/Boros) thought that they were bigger than the game.  The entire draft mechanism is there for a reason, ostensibly to make the Game better, and it is there with the full cooperation of the Players Union.  I just don't like him and his agent.

Can't argue with you there at all..

By the way, do the Sox have ANY players that have Boras as their agent? Isn't Boras Crede's agent??

Just insert the names Thomas and Konerko in there and this same arguement could've happened last yr.

It's not right to compare Frank to PK. Frank is a future HOF'er and probably the best offensive player in Sox history. Frank was so good for so long that the Sox owed it to him to allow him to try and play his way through the struggles he had in 2002. PK (and MB for that matter) don't really have that benefit because they haven't earned it yet. I have PK on a short leash, and MB on a slightly longer one. I think MB has shown some real signs of turning it around. Wish I could say the same about Paulie. Hell, at this point, I think the Sox would be better off if they had Paulie (Burt Young) from Rocky instead of PK. :huh:

.277 with 16 homeruns and 37 RBIs. 'Nuff said.

Yea those are monster numbers....

Delgado and Wells both have over 70 RBI's and you're cheering for someone with 37?

Give me a break.

Mags has played like s*** and has 42....

There are 10 guys with more HR's, 40 with more RBI's, and 44 guys with a higher batting average.  And that is just in the AL.  Nuff said.

I've pretty much gathered that southsider, you don't like Frank do you?

My question is short and sweet -- why?

I don't like him either and I'll chime in even though my name isn't southsider...

Reason being is the contract thing a few years back when he was definitely selfish about a lot of things and handled it in the worst way possible....Add that to the fact that he hasn't really had a great season lately (except for 2000) and there's not much to love about him.

And Franks been a great player much longer than Mark. Frank didnt have his first bad season until 98. And 98 wasnt even a very bad year. .265 with 29 homeruns and 109 RBIs is great. Just Frank was always better. .305 with 15 homeruns and 77 RBIs is decent as well. Hes simply a victim of his own success. 2001, when he went down due to injury, was his only bad year. And since it was due to injury, it wasnt even very bad. In 2002, he hit 28 bombs with 92 RBIs and a BA around .250. Thats bad for Frank, yes it is, but those are really decent numbers for anyone else! .250 is kinda low, and so is 77 ribbies from a power hitter, but those are accepted from other players. He is a victim of his own success. Now back to the point. Frank didnt have his first "below expectations" season until 98. Yes thats it! Franks never had a bad season, hes only had below expectation seasons. "Bad" would be something like PKs season this year. Or maybe not that bad. Maybe just .230-15-60. That would be bad. But Marks having his first below expectation, really it borders on bad, season in his third year. Thats not good...

I don't like him either and I'll chime in even though my name isn't southsider...

Reason being is the contract thing a few years back when he was definitely selfish about a lot of things and handled it in the worst way possible....Add that to the fact that he hasn't really had a great season lately (except for 2000) and there's not much to love about him.

If Frank were half as selfish as you probably think he is, he wouldn't be wearing a Sox uniform today. By almost all accounts, he turned down more money in the mid-90's to stay with the White Sox. Doesn't that count for anything? Don't his TERRIFIC seasons in the 90's matter? He's given it his all most of the time for the Sox for the past 14 years. I don't think you're giving him nearly enough credit.

What about Mark and the whole St Louis thing? Hes been an idiot about that, why dont you hate him?

It isn't even that I don't like Frank, I just get annoyed with the double standards that get applied to certian players.

With the exception of a few people, I don't think there are really too many double standards that people have on this board. I don't think you should let the opinions of a few nitwits cloud your vision when it comes to Frank. He's one of the greats of our era, and I think he deserves more than you are giving him.

What about Mark and the whole St Louis thing? Hes been an idiot about that, why dont you hate him?

That's a good point. Talk about handling something in the worst possible way...MB mentioned that he'd like to play for St Louis someday. Sox fans freak out, and just when we had forgotten all about that comment, HE SAID IT AGAIN. That seems very selfish to me.

I would like to see Drew is a Sox uniform, but not for Buerhle. One of the main considerations anymore when making a trade is the ecomoronics of baseball and Buerhle is not eligible for free agency till at leat 2006. Drew has only one more year. Buerhle is also an all-star pitcher and will rebound from this slump.