YASNY

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The first paragraph of Barry Rozner's column in the Daily Herald:

The hot rumor making the rounds in St. Louis these days has the Cardinals sending outfielder J.D. Drew to the White Sox for Mark Buehrle.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_rozn...?intid=37797188

Hmmm, its tempting with our offense so bad....but like Rozner said.."Even under the worst of circumstances, it's hard to imagine trading a 24-year-old left-hander capable of putting up 20 wins and 200 innings on an annual basis."

Give up on a young lefy...its hard enough to get good starting pitching, don't want to give up on him.

I'd think we would have to get more than Drew for Buehrle.  Leave it to the Sox to move Mark when his value is at a low point.

I agree with you. Besides Mark saying one more time that he is Cards fan, we can get much more than Drew. Simontacchi and Drew for Mark?

Guest Ncorgbl

The hot rumor making the rounds in St. Louis these days has the Cardinals sending outfielder J.D. Drew to the White Sox for Mark Buehrle.

Hmmm, its tempting with our offense so bad....but like Rozner said.."Even under the worst of circumstances, it's hard to imagine trading a 24-year-old left-hander capable of putting up 20 wins and 200 innings on an annual basis."

Give up on a young lefy...its hard enough to get good starting pitching, don't want to give up on him.

I don't think so.

I don't think so.

same here, i don't think so.

beside, drew has boras as an agent.

I don't think so.

same here, i don't think so.

beside, drew has boras as an agent.

How long does Drew have on his deal? If it is short term at all, we will never trade for him.

I don't agree with this whole article. The only rumor regarding the White Sox and Cardinals that was supposedly floating around was Jon Garland for J.D. Drew. Even if that was the case I still wouldn't do it.

The only way we ever get a deal done with the Cards is if we give them Garland and we receive Edgar Renteria. I truely think that Renteria is the only one that could help this team get any better, defensively and offensively. However we all know that the Cards won't do that deal either.

CWSOX45

There's no way we do this.

Mark B is our ace and won't be dealt...

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Cough, cough.. ace... E-Lo.. cough, cough....

E-Lo....career high is 11 wins...cough..cough...never been an all-star...cough...cough....

E-Lo....career high is 11 wins...cough..cough...never been an all-star...cough...cough....

What have you done for me lately??

Now get up off your knees and let Mark zip his pants up.

He is NOT the Sox "ace" right now.

What have you done for me lately??

Now get up off your knees and let Mark zip his pants up.

He is NOT the Sox "ace" right now.

Good one Steff, but even your humor won't stop me from loving Mark B.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

It is the 2003 All Star game. Not the career all star game.