Botch's Future

Texsox

They why not put him on the DL? He clearly can't pitch for a team trying to win a division. And if for some unfathomable reason he has to pitch, then why not say Sorry Billy but you're a set up man? We're not going to get anywhere with Billy pitching this way.

You could say the same about Konerko.

To knock off 10 mph those mechanics would have to be really screwed up. Basically it would be him not using his legs or something along those lines and soley pitching with his arm. And if he's doing that its not long before his arm goes.

I think the Sox could deal him and I'd do it while they can.

I'm a huge Flash fan so I wouldn't have a problem with it.  Hell, right now I think bullpen by committee is how I'd do it.

I think if we want to win it will be addition by subtraction. Get rid of some of the deadweight around here, and we got a shot. Get rid of Konerko, Koch, White-flag, and for all I care, you can get rid of Jimenez and Glover too. Put Harris at 2B, put Rowand in CF, platoon Lee and Dauber in LF and DH, switch the lineup around one time and don't make any other moves, except to get a guy in now and then.

My lineup would be Harris, Thomas, Daubach, Maggs, Lee, Valentin, Crede, Olivo, Rowand. Up the middle, we are much better defensively, and are possibly the same offensively. Rowand has a much better arm then Harris in CF, and Harris has much better range then Jimenez at 2B. This lineup isn't incredibly slow, and you have better baserunning, and it frees up a spot or two on the bench to add some situational guys for the stretch run(if we want a chance in hell).

And in getting rid of Koch and White-flag, you then have a dual closer now in Flash and Damaso(if there are 3 righties coming up, use Flash. If a lefty comes up, use Damaso). You can then bring up Ginter to take White's spot, and maybe trade for a veteran reliever for down the stretch. I'd have a bullpen of Wunsch, Ginter, Flash, Damaso, the veteran(maybe Dave Weathers from the Mets, Witaseck from the Padres, and there are others as well), and then maybe we could use Wright as a setup man and we acquire another starter for down the stretch(maybe like Steve Trachsel).

I saw a glimpse of baseball in hell yesterday.  You only play the 9th and Billy's pitching for your team.

We got him, what are we going to do with him?

Can he be effective for us?

If not, do we annote someone closer and start geting them some experience. Marte? Flash?

Hell, if we need him to pitch an inning let's make it the first.

WTF is wrong with Billy Koch, seriously. This guy used to top out at 100mph, now his fastball is the same speed as Mark Buehrle. Is he hurt or mental? :huh:

Maybe KW got tricked again like the Barry-Berry trade, and he got the wrong Koch.

edkoch.gif

LMAO :cheers

I'm a huge Flash fan so I wouldn't have a problem with it.  Hell, right now I think bullpen by committee is how I'd do it.

If they truely had a bullpen by committee it may work. Bullpen by committee isn't throw any old stiff up in the 9th. Instead look at situations and if you are nursing a 2 run lead in the 7th and your starter is struggling go with your best arm in the bullpen to shut it down, don't save him for the 9th. You still need some good arms and some pitchers.

If you mean start trying everone and see who developes as the 9th inning go to guy, maybe it is time to start looking. Anything is better than this.