Botch's Future

Texsox

I saw a glimpse of baseball in hell yesterday. You only play the 9th and Billy's pitching for your team.

We got him, what are we going to do with him?

Can he be effective for us?

If not, do we annote someone closer and start geting them some experience. Marte? Flash?

Hell, if we need him to pitch an inning let's make it the first.

I saw a glimpse of baseball in hell yesterday.  You only play the 9th and Billy's pitching for your team.

If not, do we annote someone closer and start geting them some experience. Marte? Flash?

WTF is wrong with Billy Koch, seriously. This guy used to top out at 100mph, now his fastball is the same speed as Mark Buehrle. Is he hurt or mental? :huh:

He has to be hurt, I bet he has a torn labrum.

They why not put him on the DL? He clearly can't pitch for a team trying to win a division. And if for some unfathomable reason he has to pitch, then why not say Sorry Billy but you're a set up man? We're not going to get anywhere with Billy pitching this way.

They why not put him on the DL? He clearly can't pitch for a team trying to win a division. And if for some unfathomable reason he has to pitch, then why not say Sorry Billy but you're a set up man? We're not going to get anywhere with Billy pitching this way.

I agree, but it ain't gonna happen. I don't know how they're going to add the 10 mph he's lost on his fastball. They think this 10 mph will magically re appear. Koch is the soft tosser of the bullpen, White, Glover, Gordon, Marte all throw harder than him I think Sanders does as well. Remember, this was a guy who was shaky when he was throwing 100. At 90-91 he is absolutely brutal.

What can we do? Pay him $ 9 MM between now and 9-30-04, and then release him. It makes no sense to put him in the game in clutch situations any more.

A lot of people will defend KW and JM for the decison to trade Foulke for Koch, but I'm not one of them. We all know that Foulke had a rough start in 2002 and lost the closer role. But he slowly got his s*** back and was pitching very well in whatever innings they let him pitch in the last half of 2002. He bordered on "lights out." In the last two months he was the best relief pitcher on the team, but he had no closing opportunities. If JM had given some of those opportunities to Foulke, their confidence in him would have returned, and maybe the trade would not have been made. The trade was not about money, since we immediately gave Koch a 2 year, $12 MM deal. It was about being pissed off at Foulke for an unknown reason, and letting these feelings interfere with good decision making processes. They (KW and JM) f***ed up, again, and Oakland is the beneficiary.

Why are so many of you constantly bringing up the name "Keith Foulke" like he was some kind of HOF legend? He was a very good closer for the Sox, but he's GONE. He's been gone for months now. Why the need to continually slurp on his weiner and make him sound like he was the greatest thing since sliced bread?

I don't get it. We have Billy Koch now. If you don't like him, fine, say so. But to bring up the name of a former Sox player who will NEVER be back with us is pointless and a complete and utter waste of time.

Why are so many of you constantly bringing up the name "Keith Foulke" like he was some kind of HOF legend?  He was a very good closer for the Sox, but he's GONE.  He's been gone for months now.  Why the need to continually slurp on his weiner and make him sound like he was the greatest thing since sliced bread? 

I don't get it.  We have Billy Koch now.  If you don't like him, fine, say so.  But to bring up the name of a former Sox player who will NEVER be back with us is pointless and a complete and utter waste of time.

Meow... hisss.. hissss.

Why are so many of you constantly bringing up the name "Keith Foulke" like he was some kind of HOF legend?  He was a very good closer for the Sox, but he's GONE.  He's been gone for months now.  Why the need to continually slurp on his weiner and make him sound like he was the greatest thing since sliced bread? 

I don't get it.  We have Billy Koch now.  If you don't like him, fine, say so.  But to bring up the name of a former Sox player who will NEVER be back with us is pointless and a complete and utter waste of time.

Meow... hisss.. hissss.

No, more like --

:fyou ... :fyou ... :fyou

:P

I saw a glimpse of baseball in hell yesterday.  You only play the 9th and Billy's pitching for your team.

WTF is wrong with Billy Koch, seriously. This guy used to top out at 100mph, now his fastball is the same speed as Mark Buehrle. Is he hurt or mental? :huh:

Maybe KW got tricked again like the Barry-Berry trade, and he got the wrong Koch.

edkoch.gif

Maybe KW got tricked again like the Barry-Berry trade, and he got the wrong Koch.

edkoch.gif

LMAO! :lolhitting

edkoch.gif

Heh, Mayor Koch rules.

edkoch.gif

Heh, Mayor Koch rules.

And he probably throws harder than Billy right now too.

As Sox fans, " what might have been", is all we have.

It's the woulda's, coulda's, and shoulda's that drive people to the insane asylum.

It's the woulda's, coulda's, and shoulda's that drive people to the insane asylum.

Watching Koch pitch will also drive you insane, so I guess we are all screwed.

Maybe it's because we got rid of a better pitcher than what we got :huh: ? Sox fans aren't likely to forget trades that f*** this team. Sox fans also aren't likely to forget nice contracts to players who never pitched one pitch in a White Sox uniform :rolleyes: . Way to go KW and JR :fyou

Maybe it's because we got rid of a better pitcher than what we got :huh: ? Sox fans aren't likely to forget trades that f*** this team. Sox fans also aren't likely to forget nice contracts to players who never pitched one pitch in a White Sox uniform :rolleyes: . Way to go KW and JR :fyou

There were a lot of Sox fans screaming to trade Foulke last year after his blowups in Seattle and Minny.

Thus the old saying, be careful what you wish for.

There were a lot of Sox fans screaming to trade Foulke last year after his blowups in Seattle and Minny.

Thus the old saying, be careful what you wish for.

I know. UNBELIEVABLY..... I wasn't one of them. I thought he earned his closer role back..... especially the way he pitched for the White Sox in the second half.

The decision to trade Foulke was not a good one. I thought Foulke had shown in the second half that he was still a quality closer. The trade was criticized by many, who showed all kinds of stats that Foulke ranked higher than Koch in many categories and was a premier reliever. However, what's done is done and hopefully Koch can return to his 100 MPH form. There must be something wrong physically with him, but he keeps denying it. Players do that sometimes because they are fierce competitors, and Koch most certainly is, and they think they can play through it. If he is hurt he needs to admit it and heal otherwise he just gets worse both performance wise and physically. Now, if he isn't hurt can poor mechanics or some minor flaw in the delivery reduce his fast ball by almost 10 MPH? The team needs to get on him now and in the meantime I think White should be used more to back up Marte and Gordon. White has been pitching well lately and corrected whatever was ailing him so let's hope Koch can do the same.