Erstad/Anderson MEGAThread

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 11:07 PM)
How is Guillen about to leave Chicago? He will be here AT LEAST through the 2008 season, if not longer. Manuel had a 3 year window after the 2000 season, Ozzie will have a 4-5 year window after winning the World Series and the fact that JR is so loyal to former Sox players and employees.

Who do you want to replace him that's going to lead this over the hill line-up into the World Series?

If you want to criticize someone, it should be Walker...how many White Sox hitters have become better under his tutelage?

Crede has produced for 3 years? Make it one and one-half and we'll have a deal.

it's a typo, I meant to say Ozzie's not about to leave Chicago

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)
Albert Belle was still playing when Erstad had 240 hits. Seeing as how the second most hits he's ever had in a season is 177, I think it's safe to assume that 240 was a career year and he'll never come close to that again.

And, part of the reason people are so critical of Erstad is because he IS coming off seasons of multiple injuries. How can you use that to defend him? I still figure he's bound to get injured, but if he can be healthy and produce, I'll be fine. I still won't like him, but I'll be fine.

Sweet, a .260 average. Let's send his ass to the All-Star game. Erstad having the highest average on this team is the exact same thing as being the tallest midget. He has sucked, as have like 7 others in the normal lineup.

LOL, have you ever listened to yourself before? I mean, it's horrible for people to say the guy sucks because he's hitting .260 on April 29th, but it's perfectly acceptable to say the guy is great because he's hitting .260 on April 29th?

I don't think there are any foots going in any mouths yet.

I bet you're one of those guys who was calling Jermaine Dye "dead" when he got off to the slow start the year the Sox acquired him. I'd bet my bottom dollar you're no older then 22. You can't see the forest for the trees. Its easy to defend Erstad because he was injured. The Sox signed him because he was healthy. Odds were he'd be rusty. If he's healthy and produces you'll be fine ??? Well I was really worried about you . Thank God you'll be fine ! And pray tell if he is healthy and produces why wouldn't you like him ? Because he made you look like a fool perhaps ?

The Sox needed an upgrade in CF and got one . They improved the team. No one is saying he's great or is an All star so don't even try to make it seem like I said those things. What I said is its a long season (meaning theres still a chance that he will get injured or be a non productive player) and as of this moment he's the least of the teams worries. So basically its time to STFU and root for your team and learn to see more than whats in front of your nose. Hopefully you learn a little patience before you start producing offspring.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:09 AM)
I bet you're one of those guys who was calling Jermaine Dye "dead" when he got off to the slow start the year the Sox acquired him. I'd bet my bottom dollar you're no older then 22. You can't see the forest for the trees. Its easy to defend Erstad because he was injured. The Sox signed him because he was healthy. Odds were he'd be rusty. If he's healthy and produces you'll be fine ??? Well I was really worried about you . Thank God you'll be fine ! And pray tell if he is healthy and produces why wouldn't you like him ? Because he made you look like a fool perhaps ?

The Sox needed an upgrade in CF and got one . They improved the team. No one is saying he's great or is an All star so don't even try to make it seem like I said those things. What I said is its a long season (meaning theres still a chance that he will get injured or be a non productive player) and as of this moment he's the least of the teams worries. So basically its time to STFU and root for your team and learn to see more than whats in front of your nose. Hopefully you learn a little patience before you start producing offspring.

I think I'm gonna have 10 kids and tell them all to hate Darin Erstad

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 06:33 PM)
Wite, I was going to go through with it, but it was going to fall on deaf ears.

Since when has the number of hits and stolen bases been the best indicator of who is the best offensive player on the team is? Erstad hasn't stolen a base in a week, and this team isn't stealing bases anyways.

Now how is it 3 weeks is too early to evaluate a player yet apparently 1 month is an acceptable amount of time (over a 6 month season) is enough to tell people to eat crow? I don't recall anyone saying Brain was never going to be sent down during the season.

Just as what I say falls on deaf ears. When everyone was assuming BA would be sent down after it was announced Erstad had won the CF job I was one of the few to say he'd stay with the team. Its not like I hate BA . Hell I wish he'd be a greeat player as I wish every Sox player could be . I'm just annoyed that there's so much venom directed towards players especially a pros pro like Erstad.

All you hear around here about the offense is that we rely too much on homeruns and this is an all or nothing offensive team so when a guy like Erstad comes around you hear the exact opposite . Now his OPS sucks which is a stat mostly based on power production. Its like this site is bi polar. You cant cry about the all or nothing offense then get a table setter like Erstad and cry about his OPS. All I'm saying is its time to move on and find another scapegoat. He isnt the reason the offense sucks just part of the reason along with 8 other guys.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)
I think I'm gonna have 10 kids and tell them all to hate Darin Erstad

LOL go to bed , you have school in the morning !