Prior

Winning Ugly

Baker keeps over-extending him and he'll be on the DL within 3 years for major arm surgery.

Yes. You can't let a pitcher in his young 20's throw 100+ pitches every 4 or 5 days.

How many pitchers have to be ruined before people catch onto that fact?

If Prior has half a brain, he'll get the hell out of the Cubs organization as soon as his contract runs out - ala Greg Maddux.

You will never reach your full potential pitching for those pieces of crap. How many more wins will their pathetic bullpen blow for him?

Being a Cubs starting pitcher = A sentence you have to pay for the sins of the world

I'm glad that I have him in one of my fantasy leagues and I'm glad that we don't have to face him this series.  With the Cubs' BP, why wouldn't you stretch your starters?

They threw Prior over 120 pitches in 7 innings. They have had Kerry Wood go over 130 twice, and over 140 pitches once. They stretch their starters plenty. In fact I am waiting for the inevitable Wood breakdown.

Coach, please don't let me face the Sox, they killed me last year and I have my Jesus-ness to protect - come on Dusty, what would Jesus do - he would pick the Brewers, come on, please please, do it for Jesus Dusty

that is my opinion

CW-you raise some great theological debate here and we know you to be the man to ask.If Prior is Jesus and Dusty is the black Jesus,how does one reconcile the situation?Should we look for the second coming in the form of fraternal twin messiahs?

Personally,I believe them to be who cub fans say they are.After all-Jesus was a man of the people and was known to hang out and preach to the wretched and down trodden.What better place to begin a ministry than Wrigley?

the place of the lost souls and eternally damned................

K-Y