retro1983hat

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
big fix wowowoow we are going to win it all with more minor league arms.

I am sure that is the first attempt. If that doesn't work I am sure they will look elsewhere. You would be dealing when others know your desperate and dealing for a position that is not exactly high in supply. Every team in the league needs relief pitching - it is not that easy to come by. You would probably have to give up a lot to get anything of value in return. Bullpens may be the most difficult thing to put together.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My untouchables are Jenks, Danks, AJ, Thornton, and the Pride Crew

Yeah, I would bet the Pride Crew has been touched plenty.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 10:03 AM)
I am sure that is the first attempt. If that doesn't work I am sure they will look elsewhere. You would be dealing when others know your desperate and dealing for a position that is not exactly high in supply. Every team in the league needs relief pitching - it is not that easy to come by. You would probably have to give up a lot to get anything of value in return. Bullpens may be the most difficult thing to put together.

Yeah, I would be the Pride Crew has been touched plenty.

I understand that, i hope they work out.....if they dont the entire minor league staff may be screwed.

I swear i heard somewhere that MacDougals hamstring was bothering him. Maybe this is a way to get him some rest, and work out some kinks(ok, alot of kinks. tons of kinks) without losing any ML games.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
me too. Deal Crede please.

I said it then, and I'll say it again... we would never have gotten more for Joe Crede than we could have in this offseason.

I mean, come on, aside from getting hot at the end of 2005 and having a decent 2006, he's been a huge disappointment.

I'll never forget the contributions to 2005, but Crede classically overachieved last year, elected not to have surgery to repair his back, and now we're seeing a Crede that we'd be lucky to get a garbage can for...

Oh, and all the b****ing about Joe not getting a Gold Glove? End it... Chavez is the better fielder! /story.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 10:09 AM)
I said it then, and I'll say it again... we would never have gotten more for Joe Crede than we could have in this offseason.

I mean, come on, aside from getting hot at the end of 2005 and having a decent 2006, he's been a huge disappointment.

I'll never forget the contributions to 2005, but Crede classically overachieved last year, elected not to have surgery to repair his back, and now we're seeing a Crede that we'd be lucky to get a garbage can for...

Oh, and all the b****ing about Joe not getting a Gold Glove? End it... Chavez is the better fielder! /story.

I say deal him now before he slides more. His back is obviously a problem as his swing has taken a turn for the crappy. His pop ups are not a mistake, his swing is horrendous this year. Deal his ass and put Fields in there to hit 220

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
he does???? not during the season

unless you count getting alomars' and everett 3000 times.

MacDougal, Contreras, Blum, Alomars, Everett, Charles Johnson, Schoenweiss, Freddy Garcia

KW makes moves inseason