Wow what happened to Jeff Weaver?

DonkeyKongerko

I remember hating this guy so much when he played for Detroit. He always had that funky delivery and pitched inside and out and intimidated all of our hitters. He had a rough year last year but this year is even worse. Opponents are hitting .331 against him!?!? Also I just saw he gave up 3 runs in the first against the Mets.

Does anyone think he is worth picking up if the Yanks were to eat a chunk of his salary? I mean the Yanks can afford it and also I think they are just dying to get rid of him. He dominated this division while he was on its worst team. Something tells me the pressure of NY is playing a part and he has just changed his approach against all hitters.

I do remember the huge fight between the Sox and Tigers a few years ago. But, if Weaver could get back to the way he pitched with the Tigers, I would gladly take him. I am not sure what we would do with Danny Wright, but I think Weaver could do better than Jon Garland in the fourth spot of the rotation. Weaver is only 26 years old. You could use Wright or even Garland as some trade bait.

Personally though, I would rather not get Weaver and pick up a middle-of-the-order lefthanded bat. I can live with the rotation we have now. I would rather have Ponson than Weaver too.

I do remember the huge fight between the Sox and Tigers a few years ago. But, if Weaver could get back to the way he pitched with the Tigers, I would gladly take him. I am not sure what we would do with Danny Wright, but I think Weaver could do better than Jon Garland in the fourth spot of the rotation. Weaver is only 26 years old. You could use Wright or even Garland as some trade bait.

Personally though, I would rather not get Weaver and pick up a middle-of-the-order lefthanded bat. I can live with the rotation we have now. I would rather have Ponson than Weaver too.

We don't need a whiny baby like Weaver. Jon Garland is just as talented if not more, and is only 23 I believe. Danny Wright is also younger than Weaver.

Weaver would be a cancer in our clubhouse, we don't need to waste money on a cancer.

Magglio's Shao-Lin-style flying kick was absolutely hysterical...priceless stuff, really!

We don't need a whiny baby like Weaver. Jon Garland is just as talented if not more, and is only 23 I believe. Danny Wright is also younger than Weaver.

Weaver would be a cancer in our clubhouse, we don't need to waste money on a cancer.

Weaver is the equivilant to Jimenez in the clubhouse. The stories have always followed him. Plus he isn't mentally tough, it isn't too hard to get into his head.