Gammons AL Central talk

southsider2k5

I don't get the infatuation with Weaver. He's never been any better than Danny Wright or Jon Garland. So he has "potential" and played for the s***ty Tigers. Wright and Garland both have the same and have played for the s***ty White Sox the last two years (no offense). Weaver showed some potential last year with the Yankees, but so what. Wright was as good or better during the same time frame last year.

If you want to get a pitcher, get somebody better than we already have. It was the same damn deal when KW dealt for Todd Ritchie. He was no better than Kip Wells. Plus we gave up Josh Fogg and Sean Lowe to boot.

The more I look at it, the more I look for a reason to convince me that Jeff Weaver would be a good addition, I find NONE.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the infatuation with Weaver.  He's never been any better than Danny Wright or Jon Garland.  So he has "potential" and played for the s***ty Tigers.  Wright and Garland both have the same and have played for the s***ty White Sox the last two years (no offense).  Weaver showed some potential last year with the Yankees, but so what.  Wright was as good or better during the same time frame last year.

If you want to get a pitcher, get somebody better than we already have.  It was the same damn deal when KW dealt for Todd Ritchie.  He was no better than Kip Wells.  Plus we gave up Josh Fogg and Sean Lowe to boot.

The more I look at it, the more I look for a reason to convince me that Jeff Weaver would be a good addition, I find NONE.

If we get Weaver he is our number four and we do not need to worry about signing Colon next year. Wright then solidifies our pen for the remainder of the season and we move Koch if possible. Next year Wright goes back into the rotation without a need for Colon. Weaver as our four or five gives us one of if not the best rotation in baseball.

I don't get the infatuation with Weaver.  He's never been any better than Danny Wright or Jon Garland.  So he has "potential" and played for the s***ty Tigers.  Wright and Garland both have the same and have played for the s***ty White Sox the last two years (no offense).  Weaver showed some potential last year with the Yankees, but so what.  Wright was as good or better during the same time frame last year.

If you want to get a pitcher, get somebody better than we already have.  It was the same damn deal when KW dealt for Todd Ritchie.  He was no better than Kip Wells.  Plus we gave up Josh Fogg and Sean Lowe to boot.

If we get Weaver he is our number four and we do not need to worry about signing Colon next year. Wright then solidifies our pen for the remainder of the season and we move Koch if possible. Next year Wright goes back into the rotation without a need for Colon. Weaver as our four or five gives us one of if not the best rotation in baseball.

I still don't see it. What has he done besides have a decent half for the Yankees last year and be mediocre for the Tigers to warrant the idea he is any better than what we have??