Questions for Steff and/or HSC

SoxRule

Guest hotsoxchick1
Since you two seem to have a lot of inside info, I'd like to ask you some questions.  This is actually sort of an extension on the Konerko topic, when Steff mentioned that he was having a house build a few blocks from the park.  My questions are:

1.  Why is that such a bad idea, since it would cut down on a ton of commuting time.  And with road trips and such, it's not like they live there everyday anyway.  Which brings me to my next question:

2.  What do the players do with their houses in Chicago in the offseason?  I remember reading that Konerko is from Scottsdale, AZ and spends his offseasons there. 

3.  I also read that PK got engaged.  Did he get married yet?  Could that be a source of distraction for him?

Thanks for the input....

ok my 2 cents for what its worth.........question 1.... i dont know.......it would seem to me that it be a good idea to live close to work.. but thats me....of course the whole neighborhood around there is going through a revamp..maybe an investment??? who knows.. ill try to find out though for sure as to why he would build there.......

question 2....i cant speak for all players but a few of them i know do rent out or have a house sitter (probably a better way of putting it) come in and live there in the off season when they venture back to their other places of residence......

question 3......yes he did get engaged.. no he isnt married yet... and as for a distraction.. i dont think thats his problem......if the chicks were a distraction then they all would be hitting like s*** lol..... ;)

cw45 if i hear anything you guys will be the first to know.. arent you always????? ;)

I think Ozzie Guillen used to live in Berwyn... that's not exactly a high-profile area... :D

And the Bridgeport/Canaryville/Bronzetown area is being revamped pretty drastically. It's going to be a nice place to live in the upcoming years, and if Paulie wants to get good property cheap, more power to him. I go to IIT as well, and would think its pretty cool to go to school near a washed-up player's house as well. :P I'd have to do what Moe did to Mr. Burns to him as well...

Pauly- "Oh my gimpy hip is acting up again... looks like another sub-.200 season for me!"

Me- "Take THIS!" ::Cracks Pauly in the hip with a crowbar::

Pauly- "...Wow! That well-placed attack by that masked assailant has knocked my hip back into place! I can play again! ::puts up consistent .300 30 100 years::

Me- "...Well, at least I got to hurt someone..."

I guess you can assume anything. But from what I've seen and heard, they are very frequent regulars at The Hunt Club, or Melvin B's, or Gibson's, or Hang Ups, or Mothers. etc, etc... They are always out.

I have a friend who used to be a bouncer at the Leg Room about a year or so ago and he said PK and some other Sox players were at the Leg Room every Sunday night that they were in town. It sounds like PK really likes the bar scene. Of course, he's only 27 years old so there's nothing wrong with that.

Damn, maybe if I would have just met him sooner. :lol:

Just kidding.  I actually don't think I'd ever want to date an athlete.  Based on all the rumors, it seems like most of them are unfaithful at one point or another.  There's too much temptation out there for them.  Everytime my boyfriend or husband went on a roadtrip I wouldn't want to have to wonder if they're being loyal to me or not.

Those women get you in trouble every time.