The Roberto Alomar Fuck Yes Thread

SoxFan1

BULLs***! IF THE REPORTS ARE CORRECT AND WE GAVE UP RING TO GET HIM, I AM THOROUGHLY PISSED. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT ALMONTE, BUT RING ALSO????

f*** NO!!!

DUde we are getting a potential stud 2B for what will amount to be a future lefty set up man out of the pen. Its a great risk.

BULLs***! IF THE REPORTS ARE CORRECT AND WE GAVE UP RING TO GET HIM, I AM THOROUGHLY PISSED. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT ALMONTE, BUT RING ALSO????

f*** NO!!!

DUde we are getting a potential stud 2B for what will amount to be a future lefty set up man out of the pen. Its a great risk.

Especially since the Mets are picking up the tab for the rest of the season.

Alomar joins Brother in ChiTown!

Sup, Mooch. Love the Avitar!!!

Ok, so now I get it. $3.9 mil = the rest of the season, right? Because his contract is like $7.6 mil this year.

But a half-year rental for Ring and Almonte?

Hey Ugly! Believe I'm a Sox fan now? :lol:

When you look at how the Sox pitching prospects have turned out, I think the reward here is greater than the risk.

Ok, so now I get it. $3.9 mil = the rest of the season, right? Because his contract is like $7.6 mil this year.

GET OVER IT! Man, Almonte is a Foulke clone who is a lot worse than Foulke. Matt Ginter is a lot better than Almonte. Ring is a 'tweener, and hasn't been hitting over 90 MPH, from what I've heard. The Sox still have Munoz, Sanders, Wunsch and Marte in the pen (future and present). Also, if Alomar leaves next year, we'd be getting Type A Compensation for him, which means we'd get a first round draft-pick AND a first-round supplemental for Alomar.

Would you take those two draft picks from two future relief pitchers? I sure as hell would. Great trade.

GET OVER IT! Man, Almonte is a Foulke clone who is a lot worse than Foulke. Matt Ginter is a lot better than Almonte. Ring is a 'tweener, and hasn't been hitting over 90 MPH, from what I've heard. The Sox still have Munoz, Sanders, Wunsch and Marte in the pen (future and present). Also, if Alomar leaves next year, we'd be getting Type A Compensation for him, which means we'd get a first round draft-pick AND a first-round supplemental for Alomar.

Would you take those two draft picks from two future relief pitchers? I sure as hell would. Great trade.

Espesially since the Mets pick could be a top 10 pick.

Nono, you have it messed up. Whoever signs Alomar, we get their picks, and it depends on whether the team's pick is top 15 or lower 15. So, say the D'Backs sign Alomar, and they have the 22nd pick overall. We get their 22nd pick, as well as our pick, along with a pick from 32-40ish.

Nono, you have it messed up. Whoever signs Alomar, we get their picks, and it depends on whether the team's pick is top 15 or lower 15. So, say the D'Backs sign Alomar, and they have the 22nd pick overall. We get their 22nd pick, as well as our pick, along with a pick from 32-40ish.

D'oh, I knew that. ;)

f*** NO!!!

I will only be sold on this trade if we win. I am not pleased that we gave up Ring, but we'll just have to wait and see. It will be interesting to see who goes down to Charlotte, unless there are more trades pending.

I like Alomar up until now. He has to play better reunited with Sandy doesn't he!?!?! And this adds a HUGE boost to our defense and smart baserunning/situational hitting. He can do ALL these things.

Also maybe Jimenez can learn a thing or two from Robbie. If anyone hasn't noticed, they have almost the same batting stance and very similar offensive numbers this year.

I like Alomar up until now.  He has to play better reunited with Sandy doesn't he!?!?!  And this adds a HUGE boost to our defense and smart baserunning/situational hitting.  He can do ALL these things.

Dont forget leadership. Im liking this sox team more and more. I wish JM would establish KOCH as the ONLY closer, to rebuild his confidence.

Dont forget leadership.  Im liking this sox team more and more.  I wish JM would establish KOCH as the ONLY closer, to rebuild his confidence.

Today it sounded like he thought Koch was the closer. He said that he was happy that he was 9 for 9 in his last 9 save opportunities. And he has confidence in him even though he is wild.

f*** YEA

Cant wait to see him play in a sox uniform. imo Almonte and Ring wasnt that much to give, it coulda been worse (Cotts). But this trade greatly increases our chances to get to the playoffs and shows that Sox management IS trying to put up a winning product. Kudos to KW.

And best of all, NO MORE DLO!!! :cheers

No more DJ is a good thing to you? I wouldnt be all that excited seeing DJ has put up better numbers than Robbie so far this year..

If you look at this stat wise we have downgraded...

Overall I like the move, I wish we coulda kept Ring because I liked him but I guess the picks we get will help us out more.

Quit dissin DJ he won us the game the other night has been a solid player..

No more DJ is a good thing to you? I wouldnt be all that excited seeing DJ has put up better numbers than Robbie so far this year..

If you look at this stat wise we have downgraded...

Overall I like the move, I wish we coulda kept Ring because I liked him but I guess the picks we get will help us out more.

Quit dissin DJ he won us the game the other night has been a solid player..

A solid player??? Have you seen him play? I give him credit for that game-winning hit, but have you seen how many games he already cost us? This guy half-asses every play out there and have you seen him hit with RISP? How many times has he struck out/popped up with man on third with 1 out?? And this guy has NOT been hitting, just look at his batting average after the first couple of months. And dont even mention his glove...

Dont let the stats fool you, Robby is 5 times the player DLo is. Great defense, veteran leadership, good speed, smart baserunner...And we dont even have to pay this guy's salary.