Highs and lows of 2002

Soxplosion

For you guys, what were the highs and lows of the Sox 2002 season? I know this might be a little late but it is still a fun topic. Here are my votes:

HIGHS

1) That eight run comeback against the Cubs in May. Truely amazing. We were down 8-0 in the 4th and I was watching on gamecast (I live in VA Beach so I only get a TV game like once a week) and it was a beautiful day outside and I decided screw this, Im leavin. When I came back, it was 8-4. A base hit drove in 2 more and then PK hit his second HR of the day. At that point I just went nuts! Osuna K'd samME and we won the game on a marvelous comeback against our crosstown rivals...

2) We were at Comiskey. It was the bottom of the ninth and Toronto is looking for the 4-2 win. Kelvim Escobar is on to pitch. One quick out. Then a man got on with a single. Joe Crede, who at the time wasnt hitting his weight and I truely didnt like back then, comes to the plate. He hit a game tying HR just out of reach of Vernon Wells over the centerfield fence. Then moron man-ual takes out Buehrle who had a complete game (if he pitched the tenth, he coulda gotten the win which would have meant he woulda won 20 on the season). Anyways, bullpen does well and we go tied to the bottom half. We load the bases with one out and guess whos up? You got it, the man who already was the hero, Crede. I was expecting him to be the hero again but with something like a sac fly. To my amazement, he hits a GW GS! THAT GAME WAS AWESOME. Hopefully JC will show us some more similar heroics in the future.

LOWS

Now for the one low of this season which stands out above all others...

We were playing the Twins in that pitiful excuse for a stadium. MB was on the mound. He was going for win number 20. He went to the bottom of the eighth, winning 2-1. He had been in several jams but he escaped all of them. With 2 away and a man on, he faced Bobby Kielty. That punk ass motherf***er then ruined it all by hitting a cheap opposite field shot to give the motherf***ing Twins the win...

That series was the low point of the season. We had to win just once to be above .500 but instead we lost all 3. That sucked. But atleast they didnt kick our asses like we did to them like a week before that. THAT SERIES WAS COOL! It was a Minne-massacre. I remember Carlos hitting that GS in the 14-4. Hawk didnt even do his routine, he just sat there and said "oh lordy". I got to watch like 2 of those game son TV. Very cool...

Guest hotsoxchick1

highs... winning against the scrubs.... always a highlite of the season........no brainer.....

lows... kenny williams and the moves he makes not only in the season but the off season as well.....

things to look foward to in the upcoming season..... well we signed paulie.... thats about it though.........:**** kenny williams

once again were f***ed and the season hasnt even started yet......

Lows...The Whooping the Angels gave the Sox. I think it was 19-1 and I happened to be at that game at Edison Field.

Highs...Starting the season as well as the Sox did

Bright Spots...Devlopment of the youngsters near the end of the year as well as Garland, Wright, Buerhle, Marte, and others.

Oh yes, greg, I remember that time. Id say it was the turning point in the season. We were 28-21. Then we went on a 7 game losing streak against the Skanks and the Tribe. That put us at .500 and we kept falling from there. By the time we recovered, the Twins had already ran away with the division...

Another good time was when the Tribe was looking unstoppable and they were 11-1 and we went in beat the s*** outta them and put them in a permanent downward spiral.

Unfortunately, as I already mentioned, they came back and brought us down with them a couple of weeks later...

That Memorial Monday loss to the NYY was painful, and sent us reeling.

The comeback against the cubs was in June,

The best thing about the end of the seaon is we were 10 under and finished at 500. That the team came together with the rookies and all was a highlight of the season too.

The high for me was probably when we kicked the living s*** out of Joe Mays...that and when Buehrle threw the complete game shutout against the Twins, saved by Joe Crede in his first real action. That was beautiful. A low point was probably later that series, when we only scored one more run for the entire series.

The highest point was the 8-run comeback. Man, did it feel like 2000....that was incredibly sweet. And then Carlos's granny against the Chubbies.

I also called a Thomas homer this year, against the A's I think. It was early in the season and I made a prediction on the MLB board....some may remember it. That kind of gave me a personal high.

The lowest point was probably Miguel Olivo's first game, the last game of a 3-gamer against the Yanks. Not only had we dominated the series up to that point(having won 14-4 and 8-1 in back to back games) but that we lost the division that day in I believe 6 innings played. That was bulls***. Miguel's homer was pretty cool though. I will admit that. Wasn't he the first Sox player to hit a homer in his first major league at-bat since one Carlos Lee? Borchard hit a homer in his second major league at-bat too....that was pretty cool. Losing the division had to be the worst though. :(