What do we do after this year ends?

sox-r-us

Should/do we re-sign Colon? (IMHO yes, we re-sign him....he is a stud)

Should/do we re-sign Robbie Alomar? (Not sure, but if Jimenez gets released, do we go with Miles next year at 2nd?)

Should/do we re-sign Daubach? (I believe he only got a one year deal this year) (IMHO, we let him go....Paulie has to get better there next year)

Should/do we re-sign Rick White? (IMHO let him go.....he is a piece to the puzzle. Not a big cog)

Should/do we re-sign Gordon? (IMHO let him go.....getting old)

Should/do we re-sign Sandy Alomar? (IMHO let him go ..... way to old and Olivo will be ready to be full time catcher by next year)

Should/do we exercise the option on Frank (pay him $8mill I believe to keep him with us until the year after option decision)? Should/does Frank exercise his option to become a FA which he can if he wants?

(IMHO we keep Frank a Sox until he retires.....he is going to hit for the next 5 years at least. He better get his 500th HR as a Sox)

Should/do we finally give Buerhle a long term deal? (IMHO, no. Just give him a one year extension based on arbitration #s)

Should/do we extend Maggs? (IMHO yes, Maggs this year is an exception, not a rule)

Should/do we re-sign Valentin? (IMHO let him go.....get a FA at SS)

Should/do we re-sign Everett? (IMHO.....let him go.....get some speed at CF)

We will have questions at 2B, SS, CF and pitching (at least one starter and few relievers) after next year based on the roster as of today.

If we get into the playoffs and go deep, the decision will be easier to make with the extra dough. if this team chokes down the stretch with this roster, we will soon be rebuilding like the Injuns and Tigers.

If we get into the playoffs and go deep, the decision will be easier to make with the extra dough. if this team chokes down the stretch with this roster, we will soon be rebuilding like the Injuns and Tigers.

The answer to this thread is summed up here. We gotta make the playoffs THIS YEAR, actually win a few games, AND make it deep into the AL Championship Series at the very least . Any less, and you'll see a firesale. If the White Sox didn't get hot, I personally think you would have seen a firesale alot sooner than after the season ends. But, I always held that if this team got hot, moves to bolster the team would be made. :headbang

Should/do we re-sign Robbie Alomar? (Not sure, but if Jimenez gets released, do we go with Miles next year at 2nd?)

Should/do we re-sign Daubach? (I believe he only got a one year deal this year) (IMHO, we let him go....Paulie has to get better there next year)

Should/do we re-sign Rick White? (IMHO let him go.....he is a piece to the puzzle. Not a big cog)

Should/do we re-sign Sandy Alomar? (IMHO let him go ..... way to old and Olivo will be ready to be full time catcher by next year)

Should/do we exercise the option on Frank (pay him $8mill I believe to keep him with us until the year after option decision)? Should/does Frank exercise his option to become a FA which he can if he wants?

(IMHO we keep Frank a Sox until he retires.....he is going to hit for the next 5 years at least. He better get his 500th HR as a Sox)

Should/do we finally give Buerhle a long term deal? (IMHO, no. Just give him a one year extension based on arbitration #s)

Should/do we extend Maggs? (IMHO yes, Maggs this year is an exception, not a rule)

We will have questions at 2B, SS, CF and pitching (at least one starter and few relievers) after next year based on the roster as of today.

We should wait until the end of the year and let some of those questions answer themselves.

And freakin ENJOY THE MOMENT

konerko has to go..he makes over 8 million next year..daubach could be resigned for probably around a million a year..plus daubach imo is a better player..

the most interesting decision to be made imo will be on lee...he will probably be asking for alot in arbitration...6 to7 million is my guess...

other moves will all depend on how the team fares in october..the better we do..the more players we resign

The only comment I want to make is on Valentin. Two weeks ago, I was thinking he was showing signs of being about done. He has since made me pause and reconsider. I hope the dude really proves me wrong. He's one of my favorite Sox players.

I think if we don't resign Alomar, Harris becomes our 2nd baseman. He has played some very good defense there the past couple games.

We should wait until the end of the year and let some of those questions answer themselves.

And freakin ENJOY THE MOMENT

A big Amen to that. :usa