Many Yankee question marks..

GreatScott82

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
I don't understand why you like Wang so much. He's good, but I don't think he's a genuine front-of-the-line starter. I'd take him as a two, though.

Reminds me a lot of Kevin Brown. If he can keep that pitch down in the zone rather than elevating it like he did against the Indians, he's a stopper, because it's almost impossible to hit it hard.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
I don't understand why you like Wang so much. He's good, but I don't think he's a genuine front-of-the-line starter. I'd take him as a two, though.

Hes no Webb, but has the ability to dominate opposing teams. He leaves the ball up way too much though which kept him from doing anything in the playoffs.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
Reminds me a lot of Kevin Brown. If he can keep that pitch down in the zone rather than elevating it like he did against the Indians, he's a stopper, because it's almost impossible to hit it hard.

Did you just compare Wang to Kevin Brown?

No way in hell.

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 11:51 PM)
Actually, I just noted that Mike Lowell would be signed by the Yankees the instant AROD opts out.

The green monster has been kind to Lowell in Boston.

If you've ever been to Yankee Stadium, you'd already know that it's extremely tough on right handed pull hitters. LF is way deeper than advertised.

I could easily see Lowell falling on his face big time at Yankee Stadium.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2007 -> 11:57 AM)
Yeah, because the Yankees wouldn't mind swapping Lowell for ARod with ARod going to Boston.

Just that comment with your avatar makes me think that Stewie actually said that.

As if the sarcastic jolt wasn't funny enough.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)
Torre looks to be all but gone.

Posada, Rivera and Pettite are all free agents. They will likely keep Posada but Rivera is reported to be shocked that the Yankees haven't approached him for a new contract. Pettite is likely to go back to Houston or retire with his boy Roger.

And then we have A-Rod. Im guessing he opts out of his contract and signs with Boston.

IF they do fire Torre....I pray to God they hire Mattingly. Then ARod, Posada and Rivera all leave.

I'd love that because I hate Don Mattingly. Why? Because I remember when he was brought in to be the Yankees hitting coach and he acted like he had a tough job to do. I could've coached up a lineup like that...how many all-stars would it take?