Edgar Renteria traded to the Tigers

southsideirish71

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 04:02 AM)
Our only "need" is to score more than they do. Tejada would help us score more than Furcal would. Furcal would keep them from scoring more than Tejada would. Each "fits", it's just a matter of trying to balance those two sides and the cost of acquiring them.

We need defense and a lead off hitter. Furcal supplies both. Tejada would be a luxury a 3B, but he is no longer a SS.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2007 -> 10:58 AM)
We need defense and a lead off hitter. Furcal supplies both. Tejada would be a luxury a 3B, but he is no longer a SS.

We were last in the AL in runs scored. I wouldn't call offense a luxury. Tejada's offense is better in every meaningful way -- he has a better obp, better slg, better avg, more hr, and fewer strikeouts. If his defense has slipped so badly that he actually can't play ss any more, fine, pass. I just don't have enough info to make a judgement on that.

Furcal would actually be my first inquiry, because of cost, as Balta suggested. But if Tejada's price falls and your scouts think his defensive problems are an aberration, then he's probably a better option. Not likely, I know, but I wouldn't rule it out.